Every year at this time it's the same thing. When are the Broncos, one of the most successful teams in NFL history, one of only a couple of teams to go to six Super Bowl's, going to get the recognition this team deserves by having more than just one player(John Elway) enshrined in in the Hall of Fame. The answer, probably not this year.
While I feel good that Zim is a finalist, and hope that he makes it, it still is disappointing that the clowns that make these picks forget how dominating the Orange Crush defense was, and how dominating a back T.D. was before the knee injury.
I said it then and I'll say it now. There is no bigger travesty in sports that the fact the Broncos have only 1 player in the hall. To be honest, it's a joke.
Here are the other semi-finalist, headlined by former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and coke-head Michael Irvin...
- Fred Dean, DE, 1975-1981 Chargers, 1981-1985 49ers
- Richard Dent, DE, 1983-1993, 1995 Bears, 1994 49ers, 1996 Colts, 1997 Eagles
- Russ Grimm, G, 1981-1991 Redskins
- Ray Guy, P, 1973-1986 Raiders
- Gene Hickerson, G, 1958-1973 Browns
- Michael Irvin, WR, 1988-1999 Cowboys
- Bob Kuechenberg, G, 1970-1984 Dolphins
- Bruce Matthews, G/C, 1983-2001 Oilers/Titans
- Art Monk, WR, 1980-1993 Redskins, 1994 Jets, 1995 Eagles
- Andre Reed, WR, 1985-1999 Bills, 2000 Redskins
- x-Charlie Sanders, TE, 1968-1977 Lions
- Paul Tagliabue, NFL Commissioner, 1989-2006
- Derrick Thomas, LB, 1989-1999 Chiefs
- Thurman Thomas, RB, 1988-1999 Bills, 2000 Dolphins
- Andre Tippett, LB, 1982-1993 Patriots
- Roger Wehrli, CB, 1969-1982 Cardinals
Gary Zimmerman, T, 1986-1992 Vikings, 1993-1997 Broncos