Instead of doing a mock draft, I thought I would rank the players as a Broncos fan. I am not going to look at salary or what pick in the draft they would be taken. I am only looking at the players talents and how they would fit in with the Broncos. This means players like Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn are not even in my top 20 (and it means my list doesn't have to be a top 21 since at least one of those QBs will be drafted before Denver goes on the clock at 21).
- Calvin Johnson - even though WR is not need #1, he is the best player in the draft.
- Gaines Adams - DE is our top need and Adams is the best on the baord
- Joe Thomas - might be #2 on talent, but OT is less of a need than DE
- LaRon Landry - seems to be the consensus stud safety and the Broncos could use one of those.
- Alan Branch - despite rumors of a slide, he is still the top DT in the draft and can be a monster in the middle
- Amobi Okoye - A different style of DT, but almost a tossup with Branch
- Adrian Peterson - Should be higher based on talent, but injuries and the Broncos success finding RB's elsewhere drop him a bit.
- Jamaal Anderson - need for DE pushes him up the board.
- Adam Carriker - the nod goes to Anderson by a smidge
- Levi Brown - another good OT who can step right in and soldify the line
- Jarvis Moss - the last great pass rushing prospect in the draft.
- Patrick Willis - don't know much about him as LB was not a need until recently, but everyone says he's a stud.
- Reggie Nelson - ball hawk at a position we need to get younger at. (I know there are many who would drop him from the list)
What do you think? What does your top 10 (or more) look like?