With the recent addition of Shannon Sharpe to the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame and the debate of whether or not he will someday be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, I wanted to let you know about the Van Heusen Pro Football Hall of Fame Fan's Choice campaign. For the first time, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is asking fans who they think should be inducted into the Class of 2010. Sharpe is currently ranked 4th and trails former Viking Cris Carter by 443 votes. In just over a week 83,000 votes have already been cast at FansChoice!
Is this the year Sharpe gets the nod from the Hall of Fame? Does Sharpe deserve the coveted honor? It's time for Broncos fans to speak up, be heard and let the Hall know what they're thinking by casting their ballot.
The top 10 list as of this afternoon looks like this:
1. Jerry Rice
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Cris Carter
4. Shannon Sharpe
5. Ray Guy
6. Richard Dent
7. Tim Brown
8. Charles Haley
9. Randall Cunningham
10. Phil Simms
More about the Promotion --
The Pro Football Hall of Fame has teamed up with Van Heusen in search of the Fan's Choice for the class of 2010. This season long campaign empowers fans and provides them with the environment to:
- Campaign for their favorite players
- Interact and debate with Hall of Famers, experts and fans from around the country
- Contribute their own analysis and commentary
- Post video messages in support of their favorite players
- View statistics and information for all 130+ candidates
- Nominate and vote for the Fan's Choice Class of 2010
- See how their picks compare to the Board of Selectors
- Participate in daily polls and trivia
Although the fans vote does not count toward the official selection, the Hall will hear what the fans have to say and the Fan's Choice will be revealed on the NFL Network on February 6, 2010 in Miami.