Stil haven't made it back from San Diego yet but I have some things to report.
- Qualcomm is 50 - 60% louder than Mile High. Sad but true. I will address my ideas to get back the old Mile High noise at the bottom.
- SD fans suck! Beer spilled on us when Eddie scored his first TD. Peanuts, trash, etc. Thought I was in Oakland.
- We REALLY got to Phyllis with yelling our "HUT! HUT!.... HUT!!" as loud as we could! We listened to tape of him before the game to get his tone just right. It worked. Orton was on the leg movement, Phillip on the vocal.
- Thanks Champ for throwing your glove my way after the game. Chargers blood on it too... nice.
- Chargers fans are incredibly loud especially in the northwest end zone but they are incredibly stupid for cheering (loudly!) when they have the ball.
- Chargers fans also stand the ENTIRE GAME. Props to that.
How do we get the old mile high magical noise back? First and foremost have Pat Bowlen personally send a communication to his people stating that he will not tolerate his security people telling Broncos fans to sit down... especially on 3rd downs.
In fact, nowhere in the NFL can a fan be forced to sit when standing in front of his or her own seat. You can be respectful and still do this.
Folks we have got to STEP UP THE NOISE IN MILE HIGH!!! If anyone wants me to email an audio of how loud it was in Qualcomm let me know.
The CLUB LEVEL (my section included) has got to step it up. We comprise 12% of the seats yet the wine and cheese level is totally lackadaisical when it comes to cheering and making noise.
- Pound on seat backs in front of you (for those in front of you that are standing)
- Stand on all 3rd and 4th down plays (at the very least)
- Refuse to accept Denver Broncos security requests to sit down. They need to be trained on what the NFL policy really is.
- Time your cheers well... if your throat hurts wait until the QB goes under center
- Sit on all Broncos offensive snaps and be quiet (we've got this one down pat baby)
Do you think you can personally make a difference at the next home game to make the new Mile High as magical (and noisy!) as the old one?
Yes - I know I can do more and leave it all out there (40 votes)
No - dude, I was inside the club level getting my sushi (8 votes)
What? Don't bother me, I really don't want to stand up. (7 votes)
55 total votes