Some quick thoughts regarding the game.
1) Great win, the defense showed they are legit and have a great heart. They never gave up and credit to Coach Nolan again.
2) I hate to say this, but for the 1st half I would say that McDaniels was out coached by Phillips, but I would say that the adjusts made after halftime were the difference and McDaniels adjusted fairly well to what the Cowboys were doing on Defense.
3) I have never been concerned about the O-line until this week, man either Dallas is very good or our O-line is not as good as we thought. They simply got man handled most of the game.
4) We had timely sacks, but again, there were times the Romo had way too much time, credit the DB for playing extremely well.
5) I still think Hillis needs some more touches, not having him running the rock on short yardage and conversely being a passing target baffles me.
6) I found myself asking where the hell was Champ Bailey in the 1st half, that he needs to step up and make some plays, and low and behold he must have had the same thoughts, cause he showed up in the 2nd half.
7) I said it earlier this week, but I am guessing this game turns Phillips back into a DC and makes Mike Shanahan a HC next year, I think that is still going to be the case.
8) Granted Kyle Orton didn’t throw any picks (more by luck than design), I still don’t see him as the long term answer at QB. His best pass plays were more due to the WR making tremendous plays and the DB missing the int.
9) I will find it very surprising if this team does not win the AFC West (which is a surprise to me, but the defense is much better than expected).
10) I think we may have the best two ILB for a 3-4 team in the league. And we may have the best four LBs in the league that nobody knows about.