Good Morning Bronco Fans around the World! We had an active night and will likely have an active day as well.
Talk about everything you are hearing in this thread. So far, this is what is being reported, both about the Broncos and around the League --
- Do the Redskins even get it? $100 million for Albert Haynesworth? $50 million for DeAngelo Hall? I'll make a prediciton - neither will ever win a Super Bowl in Washington.
- It appears the Broncos are looking at adding Wide Receivers as well as Running Backs. A report has WR Jabar Gaffney planning a visit to Dove Valley. Gaffney worked with Josh McDaniels in New England and knows the offense.
- Adam Schefter is also reporting Broncos are trying to get RB Derrick Ward(NYG) and DT Ronnie Fields(SF) in for a visit as well. Fields is a known commodity for the Broncos due to DC Mike Nolan's experience with him in San Francisco
- It looks like Domonique Foxworth is going to sign with the Baltimore Ravens, which means the Broncos would only receive a 7th round pick for Foxy. The deal would have been sweeter had Foxy re-signed with Atlanta.
- The New England Patriots signed RB Fred Taylor. Moves like that are likely to be what you can expect in Denver from McXanders.
- The Chiefs don't have many veterans as it is, and now one of their good ones is unhappy and wants out. This is not a good sign that the new leadership in K.C. is off to a good start. Sure, you need to weed out the vets that are going to hinder progress, but like Eric Mangini in Cleveland, Scott Pioli needs to recognize that, for better or worse, the Parcells/Belichick routine only work for those guys. Refusing to meet with players, especially veteran leaders, is not the way to deal with people, especially grown men. Before anyone says any different, how would you feel?
- Hat-Tip to Denver_Native in the comments -- LB Bart Scott(BAL) looks to have agreed to a deal with the New York Jets. Scott is a fit with the Jets because of his relationship with new Jets HC Rex Ryan, who was Scott's DC in Baltimore.
- Ray Lewis will apparently not return to the Ravens, and it is reported that the Broncos could be a landing spot given Lewis' solid relationship with Mike Nolan dating back to their days in Baltimore.
- I guy I am interested in, DE Chris Canty(DAL) was supposed to go visit the Redskins. He has 100 million reasons not to now, so Canty is heading to Tennessee.
- The Broncos have come to terms with RB J.J. Arrington and RB Correll Buckhalter according to CBS4 in Denver. The report also says there could be as many as 6 deals announced by the Broncos today.
- The Cleveland Browns have traded TE Kellen Winslow Jr. to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Baltimore has officially signed Domonique Foxworth to a four-year, $28 million deal that includes $16.5 million guaranteed. Are you kidding me?!?!
- A name to keep an eye on is DE Marques Douglas who was cut by the Ravens today. He fits the 3-4 model and has a history with Mike Nolan.
- S Brian Dawkins is on his way to Denver to visit with the Broncos, according to Adam Schefter.
- Carolina Panthers are said to be interested in former Broncos DT Dewayne Robertson
Chiefs and Patriots have worked out a deal for LB Mike Vrabel. Vrable is in K.C. undergoing a physical. Scott Pioli makes his first big move!