With the #8 pick in the 2009 MHR Community Mock Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select....
QB, MATTHEW STAFFORD, GEORGIA
Round 1, Pick #8 overall
Details of the pick after the jump...
From GM gunnermc: The Jaguars are torn between Stafford and Sanchez, but decide on
Stafford because of his tremendous upside. Fans need to understand
this pick is NOT a replacement to our very talented starting QB David
Garrard. Matthew Stafford is being drafted to compete with and learn
from our starter. When he's prepared a few years down the road he
will take the reigns. We also understand we have major holes at WR
and O-line, we feel our organization has been blessed with Matthew
Stafford falling in our hands at pick number 8! He's from right up
the road and will be considered a local hero, and fan favorite!
Commish's Thoughts: Whichever QB is deemed the top guy on the board, Sanchez or Stafford, there is no doubt that the Jaguars are in a great bargaining position at #8, since a few QB hungry teams will start cropping up behind them. I would like this pick more if it was posturing to force a trade that allows the Jags to move back a bit and think about O-line, but I can't argue with taking Stafford in the top ten. He has a heck of an arm, and could very well impress enough to start as a rookie, and help to bring the Jags offense to another level on his savvy and arm strength alone. The downside to this pick? If you actually NEED Stafford to pan out as a value, you would have to be sweating when you turned in a card with his name on it....
ON THE CLOCK
The Green Bay Packers are up next. There is still some elite talent on the board, but will it make it out of the top 10? Malcolm Jenkins comes to mind here...
The deadline for this pick is 6pm MST, March 25th. As long as I receive the pick by that time it will be valid. To send me the pick, just email me at the address shown in my profile.
Green Bay Packers
Round 1, Pick #9 Overall
- Detroit Lions: McDah OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- St.Louis Rams: 53guys OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- Kansas City Chiefs: Papisan DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Seattle Seahawks: Denver_Native OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- Cleveland Browns: Zappa WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bengals: DukeTC OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders: V. Money DT/NT, BJ Raji, Boston College
- Jacksonville Jaguars: gunnermc QB, Matt Stafford, Georgia
- Green Bay Packers: Broncosorbust ON THE CLOCK
- San Francisco 49ers: Elway's Ghost ON DECK
- Buffalo Bills: Rep56
- Denver Broncos: broncofan91
- Washington Redskins: Chawkins06
- New Orleans Saints: gnarlybroncodude
- Houston Texans: PredominantlyOrange
- San Diego Chargers: Sadaraine
- New York Jets: danelama
- Chicago Bears: Combat Chuk
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OrangeCrush4082
- (Dallas Cowboys) Lions: BDAWKisaBRONC
- Philadelphia Eagles: ejruiz
- Minnesota Vikings: War Eagle Aubie
- New England Patriots bronco-Maine-iac
- Atlanta Falcons: Stovie47
- Miami Dolphins: adamriggs
- Baltimore Ravens mla2131
- Indianapolis Colts: chikndnnr
- (Carolina Panthers) Eagles: bcfunk
- New York Giants: Russ
- Tennessee Titans: Broncoman
- Arizona Cardinals: Calibroncoboy
- Pittsburgh Steelers: PABroncofan
What do you think of the Jaguars taking a QB?
A good pick. (108 votes)
I don't like it, they should have addressed another posiiton. (105 votes)
QB is fine, but Stafford? What about Sanchez? (15 votes)
228 total votes