With the #12 pick in the 2009 MHR Community Mock Draft, the Denver Broncos select....
OLB, BRIAN CUSHING, USC
Round 1, Pick #12 overall
Details of the pick after the jump...
From GM broncofan91:
At 6'3" 243 lbs, Brian Cushing has great size for a 3-4 linebacker. Mcdaniels' key word when talking about what he looks
for in a player is versatility. Cushing has the skill to play inside, outside or as a rush end. He's a ferocious
hitter with a nose for the ball and he knows how to wrap up for a sure tackle. Cushing also has the ability to
effectiveley drop back into coverage and is great in run support. There have been issues regarding his durability
however he finished the 2008season without missing a single game so my hope is that those issues are now behind him.
There are also rumors that he uses performance enhancers but until he tests positive(which he never has)these rumors
do not concern me.
Commish's Thoughts: Let the debate begin. Is this a safe pick? Does it do the best job of addressing need? I personally think we are talking about high risk/high upside with this pick, and it would make for some exciting Sundays in 2009.
ON THE CLOCK
Washington Redskins are up next. With the Broncos pick in, we have reached an expected highpoint, but there are still a lot of great players on the board. Where are they going to end up? Stay tuned in to find out!
The deadline for this pick is Noon MST, March 27th. As long as I receive the pick by that time it will be valid. To send me the pick, just email me at the address shown in my profile.
Round 1, Pick #13 Overall
- Detroit Lions: McDah OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- St.Louis Rams: 53guys OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- Kansas City Chiefs: Papisan DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Seattle Seahawks: Denver_Native OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- Cleveland Browns: Zappa WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bengals: DukeTC OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders: V. Money DT/NT, BJ Raji, Boston College
- Jacksonville Jaguars: gunnermc QB, Matt Stafford, Georgia
- Green Bay Packers: Broncosorbust OLB, Clay Matthews, USC
- San Francisco 49ers: Elway's Ghost DE/OLB, Everette Brown, Florida St.
- Buffalo Bills: Rep56 TE, Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
Denver Broncos: broncofan91 OLB, Brian Cushing, USC
- Washington Redskins: Chawkins06 ON THE CLOCK
- New Orleans Saints: gnarlybroncodude ON DECK
- Houston Texans: PredominantlyOrange
- San Diego Chargers: Sadaraine
- New York Jets: danelama
- Chicago Bears: Combat Chuk
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OrangeCrush4082
- (Dallas Cowboys) Lions: BDAWKisaBRONC
- Philadelphia Eagles: ejruiz
- Minnesota Vikings: War Eagle Aubie
- New England Patriots bronco-Maine-iac
- Atlanta Falcons: Stovie47
- Miami Dolphins: adamriggs
- Baltimore Ravens mla2131
- Indianapolis Colts: chikndnnr
- (Carolina Panthers) Eagles: bcfunk
- New York Giants: Russ
- Tennessee Titans: Broncoman
- Arizona Cardinals: Calibroncoboy
- Pittsburgh Steelers: PABroncofan
This was the big one, Bronconation... What do you think?
Two thumbs up. Cushing is a playmaker and the risk factor has been blown out of proportion. (92 votes)
One thumb up. It is a good pick, but there is some risk. If he doesn't get injured or get in trouble with the league, this pick will be awesome. (187 votes)
One thumb down. Cushing is ok, and helps address a need, but there were some more attractive options out there. (216 votes)
Two thumbs down. Too risky, and there was a much better option still on the board. (113 votes)
608 total votes