With the #14 pick in the 2009 MHR Community Mock Draft, the New Orleans Saints select....
DB, MALCOLM JENKINS, OHIO ST.
New Orleans Saints
Round 1, Pick #14 overall
Details of the pick after the jump...
From GM gnarlybroncodude : The Saints have had one problem the last couple of years and it has been the defense. The last couple of years offenses have been exploiting the Saints horrific secondary They get lucky with a player that was once thought to be a top 5 pick. With the 13th pick in the draft the Saints select Malcolm Jenkins. Jenkins has the size and strength that every coach would love in a cornerback. He is a three-time first-team All Big Ten and two-time All-American. Jenkins could have come out after his junior year and been a top 10 pick but decided to go back to school. As a senior he showed how consistent he could be, practically shutting down every receiver he faced. His senior year he won the Thorpe Award which recognizes the Nations top defensive back. His stock slipped a bit after the combine because of his 40 time which he ran in 4.54. The Saints get an amazing player with Jenkins. If you put on the game tape you will see a Dominate corner that is physical corner that not only has great cover skills but loves to tackle. The Saints will give him a shot at corner and if that does not work out they will have a pro bowl FS in his first year. I think the Saints are extremely lucky to have player of Jenkins caliber fall to them and they get a player that will dramatically help improve their secondary in 2009.
Commish's Thoughts: I have Jenkins rated as one of the top five overall prospects on my board and couldn't agree more with the sentiment expressed by GM GBD: Teams will be lucky (but also likely) to pick up jenkins outside of the top ten. Despite anyone's feelings about Ohio St. in general, Jenkins is durable, versatile and has the "it" factor that you look for in impact players. And as far as the Saints are concerned, he plays defense. 'Nuff said.
ON THE CLOCK
Houston Texans are up next. Still a number of top talents to choose from, including the enigmatic CB Sean Smith, a prospect who has seemed to have held the eye of Texans fans. But Will Predom.Orange feels the same way? We'll find out tomorrow!
The deadline for this pick is Noon MST, March 31st. As long as I receive the pick by that time it will be valid. To send me the pick, just email me at the address shown in my profile.
Round 1, Pick #15 Overall
- Detroit Lions: McDah OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- St.Louis Rams: 53guys OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- Kansas City Chiefs: Papisan DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Seattle Seahawks: Denver_Native OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- Cleveland Browns: Zappa WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bengals: DukeTC OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders: V. Money DT/NT, BJ Raji, Boston College
- Jacksonville Jaguars: gunnermc QB, Matt Stafford, Georgia
- Green Bay Packers: Broncosorbust OLB, Clay Matthews, USC
- San Francisco 49ers: Elway's Ghost DE/OLB, Everette Brown, Florida St.
- Buffalo Bills: Rep56 TE, Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
Denver Broncos: broncofan91 OLB, Brian Cushing, USC
- Washington Redskins: Chawkins06 DE Aaron Maybin, Penn St.
- New Orleans Saints: gnarlybroncodude DB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio St.
- Houston Texans: PredominantlyOrange ON THE CLOCK
- San Diego Chargers: Sadaraine ON DECK
- New York Jets: danelama
- Chicago Bears: Combat Chuk
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OrangeCrush4082
- (Dallas Cowboys) Lions: BDAWKisaBRONC
- Philadelphia Eagles: ejruiz
- Minnesota Vikings: War Eagle Aubie
- New England Patriots bronco-Maine-iac
- Atlanta Falcons: Stovie47
- Miami Dolphins: adamriggs
- Baltimore Ravens mla2131
- Indianapolis Colts: chikndnnr
- (Carolina Panthers) Eagles: bcfunk
- New York Giants: Russ
- Tennessee Titans: Broncoman
- Arizona Cardinals: Calibroncoboy
- Pittsburgh Steelers: PABroncofan
Well, what do you think?
<3 (100 votes)
:( (24 votes)
124 total votes