So with the release of TO last night I was thinking about Brandon Marshall's upcoming contract extension. Why not make his new contract dependent on his behavior? Look at what happened to the Dallas Cowboys, they had to take a 9 million dollar hit to get rid of TO. Now I am in no way comparing Brandon Marshall to TO but I dont want us to have to take a big hit if the day comes we have to release him. I also was thinking that we coudl do something liek this with every contract. Now maybe I am a bit uneducated on the CBA, so those who are more educated chime in.
Brandon Marshall's Contract Extension:
5 Years $35 Million with a $7 Million Signing Bonus (its lucrative but not too lucrative)
The contract can be nullified with zero penalty to the Denver Broncos by ANY of the following:
- Police Reported Incident
- On Field Incident resulting in suspension
- Off field Incident resulting in suspension
- Altercations with other players on the team
- Altercations with other NFL Players
- Drug related Issues (not that we have had an issue but why not cover your butt entirely)
- Anything else deemed de-constructive to the Denver Broncos Organization as per Owner Pat Bowlen
So essentially we would pay this man NOTHING if Pat Bowlen and company deem his behavior disruptive and disorderly. Thoughts?