With the #17 pick in the 2009 MHR Community Mock Draft, the New York Jets select....
QB, MARK SANCHEZ, USC
New York Jets
Round 1, Pick #17 overall
Details of the pick after the jump...
From GM danelama: The Jets didnt think Mark would fall to them, but their happy he did.
Sanchez is probably the most intelligent QB in this years class. Playing out of USC's pro-style offense, Sanchez excelled at reading defenses and properly going through his progressions. Is always looking around the whole field, keeping his face mask square with the line of scrimmage. Good arm strength to make just about any throw. Put passes in good spots to receivers to make easy catches. Accurate passer when he's moving to either the left or the right. Has quick feet to get into position to make throws. Makes quick decisions and is a smart player. Team captain as a junior.
Commish's Thoughts: Back to back Trojans was bound to happen somewhere in this draft. I like the commish's reasoning behind the pick, and of the QBs available, I would say that Sanchez might have the most "game." And #17 for a guy who would have been acceptable in the top 10? Sounds like a great deal. With the Cutler mess involving the Jets to some degree, as a possible destination, the Jets certainly have a number of options to choose from at the spot going forward. Who knows, maybe this will be the Bronc's pick come Draft Day?
ON THE CLOCK
Denver Broncos are up next. Chicago traded out of the spot in order to land Cutler, so it looks like waiting a day may have helped our draft to be the best it could be! Draftivus is unstoppable, you hear me?? UNSTOPPABLE!!!
The deadline for this pick is NOON MST, April 3rd. As long as I receive the pick by that time it will be valid. To send me the pick, just email me at the address shown in my profile.
DENVER BRONCOS (from Chicago Bears)
Round 1, Pick #18 Overall
GM Combat Chuk
- Detroit Lions: McDah OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- St.Louis Rams: 53guys OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- Kansas City Chiefs: Papisan DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Seattle Seahawks: Denver_Native OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- Cleveland Browns: Zappa WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bengals: DukeTC OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders: V. Money DT/NT, BJ Raji, Boston College
- Jacksonville Jaguars: gunnermc QB, Matt Stafford, Georgia
- Green Bay Packers: Broncosorbust OLB, Clay Matthews, USC
- San Francisco 49ers: Elway's Ghost DE/OLB, Everette Brown, Florida St.
- Buffalo Bills: Rep56 TE, Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
Denver Broncos: broncofan91 OLB, Brian Cushing, USC
- Washington Redskins: Chawkins06 DE Aaron Maybin, Penn St.
- New Orleans Saints: gnarlybroncodude DB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio St.
- Houston Texans: PredominantlyOrange WR, Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
- San Diego Chargers: Sadaraine ILB, Rey Maualuga, USC
- New York Jets: danelama QB, Mark Sanchez, USC
- Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Combat Chuk ON THE CLOCK
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OrangeCrush4082 ON DECK
- (Dallas Cowboys) Lions: BDAWKisaBRONC
- Philadelphia Eagles: ejruiz
- Minnesota Vikings: War Eagle Aubie
- New England Patriots bronco-Maine-iac
- Atlanta Falcons: Stovie47
- Miami Dolphins: adamriggs
- Baltimore Ravens mla2131
- Indianapolis Colts: chikndnnr
- (Carolina Panthers) Eagles: bcfunk
- New York Giants: Russ
- Tennessee Titans: Broncoman
- Arizona Cardinals: Calibroncoboy
- Pittsburgh Steelers: PABroncofan
Was this pick too high or too low for Sanchez?
Too Low. No way Sanchez lasts that long. (225 votes)
Too High. Let Sanchez come to you, don't chase after him. (31 votes)
Just right, goldilocks. (71 votes)
327 total votes