With the #23 pick in the 2009 MHR Community Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select....
LB, JAMES LAURINAITIS, OSU
New England Patriots
Round 1, Pick #23 overall
Details of the pick after the jump...
From GM bronco-Maine-iac: With the Patriots getting old at the linebacker position, (Bruschi, Seau, and Vrabel(before he was traded)) this pick makes alot of sense. Teaming Laurinaitis up with last year's DROY, Jerrod Mayo, will give the Patriots a young linebacking corp for years to come.
(Trying to read Belichick's mind is next to impossible!)
Commish's Thoughts: I think this is darn close to where Laurinaitis is going to go in the drat, and ultimately, the Pats make a lot of sense. He is smart, has an intense work ethic, and is a great tackler who doesn't make many mistakes. Is he better suited for a 4-3? Yes. Maybe. I don't think it matters that much. That might be the deciding factor between two guys that are equal talents, but James is far and away the best backer on the board at this point, and the Patriots will be able to get him int he right spot at the right time to make plays and help. I worry a little about James' "bustability" in terms of what I don't see as a hardcore desire to be nothing but a football player, but I don't put a lot of stock in my worry. James will probably be fine,a nd the Pats will be fine choosing him.
ON THE CLOCK
Atlanta Falcons are up next.
The deadline for this pick is MIDNIGHT MST, April 7th.. As long as I receive the pick by that time it will be valid. To send me the pick, just email me at the address shown in my profile.
Round 1, Pick #24 Overall
- Detroit Lions: McDah OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- St.Louis Rams: 53guys OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- Kansas City Chiefs: Papisan DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Seattle Seahawks: Denver_Native OT, Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- Cleveland Browns: Zappa WR, Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bengals: DukeTC OT, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- Oakland Raiders: V. Money DT/NT, BJ Raji, Boston College
- Jacksonville Jaguars: gunnermc QB, Matt Stafford, Georgia
- Green Bay Packers: Broncosorbust OLB, Clay Matthews, USC
- San Francisco 49ers: Elway's Ghost DE/OLB, Everette Brown, Florida St.
- Buffalo Bills: Rep56 TE, Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
Denver Broncos: broncofan91 OLB, Brian Cushing, USC
- Washington Redskins: Chawkins06 DE Aaron Maybin, Penn St.
- New Orleans Saints: gnarlybroncodude DB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio St.
- Houston Texans: PredominantlyOrange WR, Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
- San Diego Chargers: Sadaraine ILB, Rey Maualuga, USC
- New York Jets: danelama QB, Mark Sanchez, USC
- Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Combat Chuk RB, Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OrangeCrush4082 QB, Josh Freeman, Kansas St.
- (Dallas Cowboys) Lions: BDAWKisaBRONC OT, Andre Smith, Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles: ejruiz WR, Hakeem Nicks, UNC
- Minnesota Vikings: War Eagle Aubie WR, Percy Harvin, Florida
- New England Patriots bronco-Maine-iac LB, James Laurinaitis, OSU
- Atlanta Falcons: Stovie47 ON THE CLOCK
- Miami Dolphins: adamriggs ON DECK
- Baltimore Ravens mla2131
- Indianapolis Colts: chikndnnr
- (Carolina Panthers) Eagles: bcfunk
- New York Giants: Russ
- Tennessee Titans: Broncoman
- Arizona Cardinals: Calibroncoboy
- Pittsburgh Steelers: PABroncofan
What do you think of "The Animal II" going to Boston?
James will do fine in New england, good pick. (220 votes)
Bad fit, the pick could have been better. (69 votes)
Its ok. (64 votes)
353 total votes