Yes I know Orton threw 3 picks. And no I don't believe the 'system' caused Orton to under throw the ball, or throw directly to Dry Bly. Listen to Kyle himself - they were bad decision - PERIOD. But I'm confident our O will be fine.
But what's supposed to be the most important position in a 3-4 scheme? Nose Tackle! And Chris Baker looked GREAT!! Ron Fields the current starter should take notice - he will likely be a backup here just like SF very soon. Which is good news. Baker consitantly moved the pile, got a sack and was a total disruptive force. To me no rookie drafted or undrafted had a better game. More importantly it could not of come at a better position. Let's hope Baker continues to shine in Seattle. Few players could have a bigger impact on our W-L than Baker. We need to see him against first team units.
Quick Rookie grades
- Knowshown - looked great until hurt - B+
- Ayers - simply looked lost didn't see much - D+
- Alphonso - wow just a matter of time (espcially since this is Champs last year - They are not going to pay Champ a 9 million roster bonus at 32 years old) B+
- McBath - moves great, tackles great. Once he's not confused should be better - C+
- Quinn - Need to see him running and catching, already knew he could block - C
- Bruton - made some plays I didn't expect - C+
- Olsen - solid player made some smart plays - B+
- Mckinley - this is a player - bigger faster Royal (Stokely your days are numbered - love you but just like Champ they are not paying you 6 million next year) B+
- Brandstater - no idea - but in camp looks decent - NA
- Schlueter - looked good both 1st and 2nd team line looked very good - B