I'll write a longer story when I have time, but I'm a little excited and wanted to write a few quick words.
1) Everyone wanted Orton's head, and I'll agree that he wasn't great. But there where also a lot of dropped passes that weren't his fault.
2) Hate on McDaniels all you want, but the defense is massively improved (and without spending the top pick on a DT). STs coverage is also much better.
3) As a DC, I always preached to "bat down the ball" instead of tipping or going for the INT, especialy near the end of a "won" game. I'm proud of the Broncos, but the Cincy defense screwed up that last play.
4) Stokley's still got it.
5) Clearly a 5-2, not a 3-4.
6) We'll hear all kinds of excuses from the "fans" who are so down on Denver. I'm sure many of them gave up on the team and turned of their TVs when Cincy scored neared the end. It isn't over until it is over. When I lost the feed (Cincy about to score), I raced to get it back. I felt the game wasn't over, and somehow I was right.
7) Denver needs to clean up a few things, but they looked better than I expected.
8) Several new players looked great (Dawkins, Alphonso Smith, Haggen, etc).
9) Was glad to see the ZB is still being used, though the running game itself didn't look terribly hot.
10) Denver's conditioning (and smaller size) paid off over the course of the game against a bigger team on the other team's field. The humidity and heat affected Cincy much more (I noted their guys breathing hard).
I got called into work for a couple of hours, and missed the first half. I'm glad I caught the second.
Its a win! Woo-hoo!