So I tend to watch the game a little differently than most. It is hard to comment or tweet because of it. Here are my thoughts
1. Denver is going to be a "Learning Defense." - Simple Denver wanted to see what worked on Cincy. I was all for an attacking defense but the attacking defense can be exploited. Mike Nolan is going to spend the first few plays watching the Offense and how they adjust to our defense and then EXPLOIT that. More exciting than an attack defense that gets over worked
2. Our runners are not really adjusting to the Zone system as well as I would have hoped. There were some flashes but the run game is essential for Orton to preform at expectation for me. Knowshon could find no holes today. Got to work on that. We need at least 125 yards on teh ground to be effective!
3. The basics are back. Tip drills etc are practiced ad nauseum now! GOOD
4. The offense does not know the WHOLE playbook yet. Today was about the win plain and simple. it was also about getting guys familiar with football again. !st quarter I noticed each guy was targeted with the ball run or pass twice. Show em what you got to see how well you can come up! When all the pieces are in place this offense will be explosive. Give it time and you will see it!
5. ST is coming back. It isnt back yet but we are getting there! Top notch attempts to make things happen
One final thing Tony Sceff and the pick was just a WTF moment ha ha have a great evening guys!