BRONCOS CONTINUE SUCCESS AGAINST BROWNS/IN HOME OPENERS
Including postseason play, Denver is 21‐5 (.808) against Cleveland for its best winning percentage versus any opponent.
DUMERVIL TIES FRANCHISE RECORD WITH CAREER‐HIGH FOUR SACKS
|Elvis Dumervil||Vs. Cleveland||9/20/09||4|
|Simon Fletcher||@ San Diego||11/11/90||4|
|Karl Mecklenburg||@ Pittsburgh||12/1/85||4|
|Karl Mecklenberg||Vs. New Orleans||9/15/85||4|
|Barney Chavous||@ Seattle||12/21/80||4|
|Dave Costa||@ Buffalo||9/7/70||4|
|Rich Jackson||@ Cincinnati||10/19/70||4|
DENVER DEFENSE COMES UP BIG AGAIN
|GAME||GAME 1||GAME 2||TOTAL|
|vs. St. Louis(9/18/77) / vs. Buffalo(9/25/77)||0||6||6|
|@ Cincinnati (9/13/09) / vs. Cleveland(9/20/09)||7||6||13|
|vs. Cincinnati(9/2/79) / vs. Los Angeles(9/6/79)||0||13||13|
|vs. Kansas City(8/31/97) / @ Seattle(9/7/97)||3||14||17|
|vs. Oakland(9/3/78) / @ Minnesota(9/11/78)||6||12||18|
ROYAL TOPS 1,000 CAREER RECEIVING YARDS
BRONCOS IMPRESSIVE IN RUN DEFENSE
NFL TEAMS WITHOUT A 100‐YARD INDIVIDUAL RUSHER VS. DENVER, REGULAR SEASON, ALL‐TIME
|TEAM||GAMES PLAYED||100-yd. RUSHERS|
FORMER BROWN DAVIS LEADS CLUB IN TACKLES
STOKLEY RACKS UP THE RECEIVING YARDS
|at Det. (11/25/04) / vs. Ten. (12/5/04)||5||57||8||153||210|
|vs. Ten. (12/5/04) / at Hou. (12/12/04)||8||153||3||54||207|
|vs. G.B. (9/26/04) / at Jac. 10/3/04)||8||110||8||97||207|
|vs. Min. (11/8/04) / 11/14/04)||2||34||5||132||166|
|at Cin. (9/13/09) / vs. Cle. (9/20/09)||1||87||5||70||157|
MISCELLANEOUS GAME NOTES
- Head Coach Josh McDaniels became the fifth coach in franchise history to win his first two games to open the regular season with the club...
OLB/DE Darrell Reid recorded his third career fumble recovery in the first quarter off a Cleveland botchedsnap. The play marked Denver's first takeaway inside the red zone since OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil recovered a fumble in the 2007 season finale vs. Min. (12/30/07)...
- With his 2‐yard touchdown pass to TE Tony Scheffler in the first quarter, QB Kyle Orton improved his career touchdown‐interception ratio inside the red zone to 23:2...
- S Brian Dawkins' fumble recovery in the third quarter was the 55th takeaway of his career (38 INT, 17 FR)...
- OL Russ Hochstein lined up at fullback and was the lead blocker on FB Peyton Hillis' 2‐yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter...
- The end zones at INVESCO Field at Mile High were painted with diagonal lines to represent the design of Denver's filed during the 1960s...
- WR Jabar Gaffney's 49‐yard reception in the fourth quarter was the third longest reception of his career...
- The end zones at INVESCO Field at Mile high featured diagonal painted lines to represent the end zone design from the 1960s. According to Senior Vice President of Business Development Mac Freeman, the Broncos' home field will feature several end zone designs this season from the first 50 years of the club's existence...
- The Broncos, who recorded three takeaways against just one turnover today, improved to +4 on the season in turnover ratio (5 takeaways, 1 giveaway)...
- Denver opponents now have just three scores (1 TD, 2 FG) on 23 possessions and have only reached the red zone three times.