The preseason is over and I have to admit I am impressed with what I have seen. I am not saying it will be a great year, but we are moving in the right direction. Nice Job by Josh and the coaches pulling this all off. Here are a couple of thoughts after looking at the preseason stats
- Turnovers Ranked #29 with -5. Thank goodness for that last game. It could have been worse. At least the defense will be allowed to be aggressive in this area
- Time of Possesion Ranked #3 at 32.40. This is a nice surprise for me and this will help our defense improve greatly as they are not on the field all the time.
- Offense penalty Yard Ranked #29 @ 164 yards. Nice job except that bears game was brutal. We could have been ranked 32! This shows Josh's detail this year in training camp. Thank You
- 3rd down percentage ranked 24th at 36%. No worries yet. We were evaluating talent not padding stats.
- Points per game Ranked 24th with 16.2. We must improve this number over laster year in order to have any success this year
- Yards per game Ranked 19th @ 308.
- Points per Game Ranked 13th @ 17.8. Great to see this with all the change!
- Yards per Game Ranked 7th. Way to go D!
- 3rd down percentage Ranked 5th @ 35%. My slogan for 2009 is "3 and Out Baby!"