Should have won that one. 3 big mistakes cost us the game
- Moreno's fumble on the 2nd play on 1st drive. Cost at least 3 points if not 7.
- Botched snap from Paxton. The million dollar man's only job is to snap back to the holder so that Prater can split the uprights. Cost 3 points.
- Opening drive in the 2nd half. Prater misses his first FG of the year. Can't really blame him he to much. He was 8 for 8 before missing there, but he just hit a 59 yarder before the end of the half. Cost 3 points.
If we would have hit on those plays the PI at the end would not have made much of a difference. Then the Walton's snap would never have happened. The Jets where the best team in the NFL, along with the Ravens, and we should of, could have won the game. Sloppy mistakes cost us the game.
After the Jump, a look at Oakland and Denver's history and keys to the game.
Denver is 1.5 games back of the Chiefs. Lets look at the next 3 weeks to see where the Chiefs and us will be before we play each other.
Denver has 2 games and a bye. We get the Raiders at home next week and the 49ers the week after that in London. Denver has won 6 of the last 10 against the Raiders at home. The average score has been 20-19. Close games have made this a must see game. In the last 10 years Denver has averaged 9 wins a season, with 6 of 10 9+ wins and9 of 10 8-8 or better. Oakland in the same 10 years have averaged 6 wins and have only had 3 seasons with 9+ or 8-8. The point is no matter what there records are Denver and the Faiders is always a close fought game. In fact in the last 10 years 2 have been decided by 1 point, 4 by 3 points or less. Denver is 2-2 in those 4 games. Denver should be able to win this game with ease, but more then likely the game will be decided by less then 3 points. Game plan for Denver:
- Stop Oakland's run game. Oakland has averaged 130.2 yards rushing per game. Neither Gronkowski or Campbell scare me and there don't have the receivers either. Make the pass beat us.
- Run the ball. Oakland is 2-0 when allowing less then 100 yards rushing in a single game. In there 4 loses Oakland has allowed 183.0 yards rushing per game, 2 of those 4 games there have allowed more then 200 yards rushing.
- Home field advantage. Oakland is 0-3 on the road this year and averaging 15-26. Take carry of these and we win the game.
Oakland is always a team that wins games when there have no right to win it. Look for the Broncos to win this game and hopefully Jacksonville and New England can help us get with in a half a game. Go Broncos!!!
Is Denver going to beat Oakland?
Big win 7+. (27 votes)
Close game with Denver winning by 6 or less. (7 votes)
Close game with Oakland getting the upset. (1 vote)
Oakland gets a hugh upset over Denver this week. (2 votes)
37 total votes