About this time every week the yearn for broncos football reaches a zenith, as a perfect conflagration of mid-week boredom and regurgatative headlines comes together to make me want really badly to re-experiencinate some of the weekend's fun.
usually i will check out espn or nfl.com, watch the 2:13 second highlight video, and realize why the likes of many MSM fans and commentators have no clue.
When you only watch 3 plays from an entire game, it is very difficult to get a real sense of how weak or strong a team really is. in fact, doing so, i believe, leads directly to many crappy opinions about our denver broncos.
so i set about to make an admittedly dripping in orange kool-aid broncos highlight reel, of the pivotal plays throughout the game.
I have divided it by 1st and second half. enjoy.
a few things that stick out:
1. Orton was throwing some DARTS. great zip, and placed the ball well. he also puts the ball in smart areas, often forcing his receiver to make a tough catch in order to avoid interceptions.
2. Buck is looking better and better, and once the o-line gels our run game will be fine. even maroney has a few good jaunts, though they get lost in the negative yards.
3. Ayers really impressed, shedding blockers and collapsing the pocket consistently.
4. Dawkins was beastly, in top form this game for sure. his primal scream after his sack of VY was epic.
5. DJ had a really great game, his patience and gap control was a big difference, IMO. solid tackling too.
6. DT absolutely TRUCKS a few coverage guys on kickoffs.
7. still retired.
8. Eddie is BACK
9. the titans are cheap. i included the coach and his gesture, and Finnegan's cheap blow to kuper.10. i included the kickoff returned for a TD, because i love how denver answers: Mr. Demaryius Thomas.