I am a fan of the Broncos from the UK and have followed the NFL for the past 20 years. In the last few years the coverage of the off season events has increased and I have found myself becoming really interested in the developments on and off the field. I found this site only recently and have to say it is the best site have seen so far as a Broncos fan and one that has taught me a lot more about the NFL and the draft. I have seen some of the college players available in the draft but the coverage we have is very limited and I have had to resort to youtube and reading articles to find more about players. I have never done a Mock Draft but thought it would be fun to do so. Having read and heard a lot about this years free agency and draft and wanting to hear some opinions on this I thought I would do my own Mock as well as look at potential dealings in free agency. Some of my selections are deliberately different to some of the selections on this site just so that I could hear views on a different approach. I realise there maybe some mistakes and am not trying to claim I know everything about the sport but I would really appreciate any feedback on my picks and help me find out a bit more about players, where the Broncos might go with things and about the NFL as a whole.
Free Agents Signed
Vince Wilfork – he may well get the franchise tag but if he does not I would have thought McDaniels would be high on him.
Brandon Marshall to the Bucaneers for the 35th pick in the draft.
I feel that Marshall has to be worth more than a 1st round pick but there seems to be a lot of talk on other sites about Marshall only fetching a 2nd round pick and as it does not seem to have been discussed on this site much I wanted to explore the possibility of this happening and have thought that the Bucs would seem to be a likely spot for Marshall as they need weapons for Freeman and that they will still have a pick in the 2nd round.
McDaniels has talked about getting bigger on both lines and Kuper seems to be a better fit in a zonal blocking system as employed by the Texans.
I see there has been a lot of debate on how much Scheffler is worth with ranges from a 3rd round pick to a 6th round pick. Shanahan seemed to like this guy and thought there could be the potential that one of the places he way land would be at the Redskins and that as the Redskins I dont believe have a 3rd round pick their 4th may be the best offer the Broncos get.
1. St Louis Rams - Sam Bradford QB - Suh is a beast and Spagnuolo would love someone of this calibre in his team but the league is dominated by teams who have franchise QBs and if you are going to pay number one money for any player then it has to be for a QB. It also means the Rams get a face for their organisation.
2. Detroit Lions - Russell Okung OT - Another team who needs help on the defensive side of the ball but what is the point in having invested all that money on Stafford when he is going to spend half the time picking himself up of the turf. Passing on Oher at 20 last year looks dumber with every game Oher plays.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ndamukong Suh DT - The Bucs need a real upgrade on the defensive line and Suh can become a major part of their defense for the next decade.
4. Washington Redskins - Anthony Davis OT - The Redskins need a tackle to replace Samuels.
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Bryan Bulaga OT - The Chiefs really need to upgrade their offensive line and allow Albert to go back to his college position of guard.
6. Arizona Cardinals - Jimmy Clausen QB - There has been talk on this site of Arizona trading up to get a QB and I thought I would go with a trade that allows the Cardinals to move up in the draft and sees Seattle get Leinhart and the Arizona Cardinals 1st round pick.
7. Cleveland Browns - Eric Berry FS - Nearly every Mock Draft see the Browns take Haden of the board but if Berry was still available would they be able to leave him so I have gone with the ball hawking safety to improve their defense.
8. Oakland Raiders – Gerald McCoy- I am not necessarily saying that McCoy will fall this far but I think there is a possibility that he could and if he does then surely the Raiders aren’t dumb enough to pass on him!
10. Jacksonville Jaguars – Derrick Morgan- I seriously considered Tim Tebow but how much would he add to a franchise that might be in LA in a couple of years. They need a DE and pick the one who is regarded by many to be the best on the board.
11. Denver Broncos - Rolando McClain ILB - The Broncos need to sort out their defense against the run and McClain can be the leader of the defense within a couple of years. I have seen more of this guy than most in the draft and think he will be a star.
12. Miami Dolphins - Dez Bryant WR - The Dolphins need a threat wide out and their apparent interest in Jackson shows this.
13. New Orleans Saints - Carlos Dunlap DE - The 49ers make a trade for Jamaal Brown and part of the deal sees them receive this pick. The Saints need help with the pass rush and they select the athletic Dunlap.
14. Seattle Seahawks - Joe Haden CB - Although there are other areas of need the Seahawks cannot let the best player left on the board slide any further.
15. New York Giants - Dan Williams DT - The Giants need help at defensive tackle and draft the next best DT on the board.
16. San Francisco 49ers - Mike Iupati G - The 49ers need help across the offensive line and pick the best guard in the draft who could also cover the tackle positions.
17. Tennessee Titans - Everson Griffin DE - The Titans aren’t getting any younger at the end position and Griffin provide them with help in the pass rush.
19. Atlanta Falcons - Jason Pierre Paul DE - The Falcons draft at a position of need.
20. Houston Texans - Brian Price DT - Mario Williams needs help on the defensive line and Price gives them extra help.
22. New England Patriots - Brandon Graham OLB - The Patriots are in need of help in the pass rush and Graham's Senior Bowl performance makes him a great fit.
23. Green Bay Packers - Trent Williams OT - The Packers had some horror shows on the line this season and Williams will give them the upgrade they need.
24. Philadelphia Eagles - Earl Thomas S - Thomas can come in and upgrade their secondary.
25. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon LaFell WR - The Ravens draft a much needed number one receiver for Flacco.
26. Seattle Seahawks - CJ Spiller RB - The Seahawks have a stack of needs but cant turn down a RB with such speed.
27. Dallas Cowboys - Brandon Spikes ILB - The Cowboys draft a defensive leader and in a position where they need to get younger.
29. New York Jets - Ricky Sapp OLB - Rex Ryan gets some needed pass rush help.
30. Minnesota Vikings - Kyle Wilson CB - Vikings need to get younger in the Secondary.
31. Indianapolis Colts - Shaun Weatherspoon LB - The Colts draft one of the best players still on the board.
32. New Orleans Saints - Jared Odrick DT - The Saints draft Odrick to help Ellis on the line
Denver Broncos - Maurkice Pouncey C - Could start on the O-line immediately.
Denver Broncos - Arrelious Benn WR - He has the size to be a number one receiver and replace Marshall. I considered Cam Thomas but with Wilfork on the roster and Chris Baker as a work in progress there is no need to draft another NT.
Denver Broncos – Demariyus Thomas WR – Regardless of whether Marshall leaves or not there is a need for more depth at WR and he gets the nod over LaMarr Houston.
Denver Broncos - John Jerry G - He is part of the process of making the Broncos bigger on the line.
Denver Broncos - John Skelton QB - Skelton gives McDaniels another project at QB.
Denver Broncos - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB - A big guy who can develop under Bailey and Goodman
Denver Broncos - Colin Peek TE - A good blocker who can make the catch and give depth at TE.
Denver Broncos – Dennis Landolt OT – The Broncos need depth across the O-line and bring in a guy from a good organisation.
This is a Fan-Created Comment on MileHighReport.com. The opinion here is not necessarily shared by the editorial staff of MHR