I've been working on this the past couple of days, and I see that Josie Wales posted some similar thoughts earlier today. There must be some mysterious force drawing us right here and right now to comment on our top ten most pressing issues...
10. I would like to see Tim Tebow throw a football. Like everyone else, I've heard all about the concerns with his throwing motion. But unlike most everyone else, I've never seen the young man play. (I'm more of a Broncos fan than a sports fan in general.) I'm looking forward to seeing for myself what all the fuss is about, and making my own judgment.
9. I would like to see the team get healthy before the trip to Jacksonville. Considering all the health concerns right now, you would think this must be the thirteenth week of the season.
8. I would like to see #92 signed to a long-term contract before the season starts. And, of course, I'd like to see him collect more sacks than Safeway, especially when we play San Diego.
7. I would like to see some signs of offensive innovative play calling in the preseason. Screen passes are a great weapon when they are unexpected, but any NFL defense can blow them up when they are your bread and butter.
6. I would like to see all the rookies signed before the start of training camp.
5. I would like to see another running back brought into camp. I like the ones we have, but just have a bad feeling that Buckhalter and Arrington are going to get hurt and leave us with little or no depth.
4. I would like to see the offensive line shake out into a starting roster that plays well together, along with a depth chart that we can all feel good about.
3. Ditto for the defensive line.
2. Ditto for the linebackers.
1. I would like to see the jokes about Coach McDaniels' profanity fade into history by the start of the season. They've become tiresome, and are too similar to the way my fifth grade students talk when they come in from recess after hearing a dirty word for the first time and can't wait to repeat it. Even the sanitized Mike Foxtrot version is disrespectful of mothers, and with May 9 just around the corner, wouldn't this be a good time to clean up our act?
That's what I would like to see. What would you like to see?
No oakland raiders were harmed in the making of this post.