Ok I am a junkie and have had my first hit in way to long but dang it feels good to have some REAL Bronco news since the NFL draft. I have scoured the internet for tidbits as everyone on here does and here are some of my thoughts of the day.
1. My original worry about the backup running backs has come front and center way faster than I would have or want to think about. Glad to hear that none of the injuries are serious. This is a GREAT opportunity for the young backs to step up and show something that will #1 help them make the squad and #2 help us poor fans feel better.
2. Willis has a better than 50/50 chance to make the squad. Coaches don't dole out praise unless it is REALLY worthy so never let a comment by McD go by without taking notice.
3. It appears we are attempting in 7/7 drills some passes longer than 3 yards down the field and are being successful. Downside: Our DB's are not stopping our 3rd string QB/Receivers.
4. Not much news on the lines other than who is running with the 1sts on O. Would love someone who was there to give me their info on the D. Sounds like the rookies have the inside track and it is "theirs to lose" so to speak.
5. Decker seems to be the face of the new rookies. Not sure if that is due to his play or personality but he gets more direct press than Tebow.
6. Colquit needs to keep practicing dropping the ball. I am not punting expert but that looks like he is either pooch punting or was trying out for Australian rules football with that photo on DB.com. I did like the article I read and sorry I can not remember where about the fact McD looks at special teams and players rather than filling ST with those on the team.
7. Wish Elway was there today helping out the team.
8. Go Broncos. Stay healthy and I hope the competition is fierce and we see many people surprise us with their play. (Phonz, Ayers, Moss, Rookie Linemen or on my list of hopes to succeed sooner than later)