So we all have things that we couldn't help but notice as we watched this first game. Things that jumped out at me:
Kyle Orton is undoubtedly the starting quarterback.
- JD Walton and Zane Beadles played awesome for their first full game in the NFL.
- Champ is still Champ.
- You know Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan are HUGE when they make Ryan McBean look small.
- Overall, first team D looked pretty solid (can't wait to see it with Dawk and DJ out there).
- Second and third team tackling was pretty pathetic.
- Eddie Royal is still our return man at this point.
- Tim Tebow definitely made some mistakes, but he showed accuracy, mobility, poise, zip, and of course, some hard nosed running. Definitely strengthened his case for that #2 spot on the depth chart.
- There were 42 passing plays for 251 yds. and 15 rushing plays for 36 yds.
I'm going to be honest, this last one REALLY jumped out at me. Not exactly what I had imagined for our balanced offense this year. I know we have some running backs down, but I was really hoping to see some more of the rushing attack. I try to rationalize this kind of play calling with the thought that these games are just an extension of practice, that the game situation isn't necessarily relevant to the play calling. What do you guys think? Is this just pre-season play calling?