The preseason has gone by pretty darn quick and this last game was pretty much what I thought it would be...a whole lot of scrubs trying to make the team. I don't put too much stock in the outcome of this one or think that it really means anything to how the Broncos will play to start week 1 vs Jacksonville.
Follow along after the jump and I'll give you my take on what I saw this game for what it is worth.
- Great to see Clady back out there...he looked solid for the little time he played
- Harris' injury didn't look too serious to me. Hopefully he will be ready to go week 1
- Buckhalter on the field is encouraging too! I dig this guy. Hopefully he puts together a no-injury season
- Didn't get a very good take on the defense as Minn was playing scrubs and they didn't really play well at that.
- Tebow fumbling the snap was a plate full of weak-sauce. The good thing is that it is something he can easily fix with practice (good to see him go to the sideline and get some reps right away too)
- Here's the big thing that bugs me about Tebow: he looks awkward coming out of the snap under center. It just doesn't flow right and looks slow. Maybe someone with a better eye can mention if it is footwork or not...I don't know, but it is a little worrying. Like his throwing motion, this needs work. He can do a decent job until he gets better, but he SHOULD get better with this.
- The Tebow TD to Willis was just plain sick. You can't ask him to throw it better than he did at that distance. I REALLY like seeing his long-ball. Will it translate against 1st stringers? Hopefully we don't find out this season...
- Quinn looked much better tonight, but still doesn't scream to me that he's the guy
- If Quinn can get his head right, he would be fine as a back-up, but that's a big if from what I've seen
- He's up! He's down! He's up! He's letting a TD go 60 yards!
- I liked the good plays (including him stopping that long QB run...he saved us the TD with smart play off the WR that was blocking him)
- I hated the bad plays - that trip was avoidable in my opinion
- Wrap up guys...this is what seperates the NFL players from guys out of work...way too many times did we have the Minn QB sacked (or down for a safety) if only the guys would go hit to wrap instead of trying to just hit.
- Willis does not belong with the scrubs...he's a solid backup WR threatening to be a starter...that's right...I said starter
- Decker is looking like a FANTASTIC draft pick. The kid is like the second coming of Stokely with his underneath route running and good hands...this could have been a byproduct of going against scrubs, but he looked like a keeper