|Quarterback (3)||Kyle Orton||Defensive Ends (4)||Justin Bannan|
|Tim Tebow||Le Kevin Smith|
|Brady Quinn||Ryan McBean|
|Running back (4)||Knowshon Moreno|
|Correll Buckhalter||Defensive Tackles (2)||Ronald Fields|
|Lance Ball||Jamal Williams|
|Fullback (1)||Spencer Larsen|
|Linebackers (8)||D.J. Williams|
|Tight End (3)||Daniel Graham||Mario Haggan|
|Dan Gronkowski||Joe Mays|
|Richard Quinn||Jarvis Moss|
|Wide Receivers (6)||Demaryius Thomas||Jason Hunter|
|Eddie Royal||Robert Ayers|
|Jabar Gaffney||Cornerbacks (6)||Andre Goodman|
|Eric Decker||Nate Jones|
|Brandon Lloyd||Cassius Vaughn|
|Offensive Line (9)||J.D. Walton||Syd'Quan Thompson|
|Russ Hochstein||Safeties (4)||Darcel McBath|
|Eric Olsen||Renaldo Hill|
|Ryan Harris||David Bruton|
|Ryan Clady||Brian Dawkins|
|Stanley Daniels||Special (3)||Matt Prater|
|Zane Beadles||Britton Colquitt|
Immediate Reaction and Notes
- Keep in mind, there could still be moves! Tweaking will continue for at least another 48 hours, and as the practice squad gets filled up.
- I am honestly a little surprised by Batiste, due to the preseason, but I also realize beggars can't be choosers. We still need to work on our OL depth, but I feel a lot better now than I did 3 months ago. Lets get the real games started already!
- A 6-man rotation on the DL is just a tad bit troubling, but it certainly rules out relying on 4-3 very much this year, since out OLB depth would be activated primarily for STs...
- 10 DBs again this year. This is an example of keeping the best players regardless of position. I expect the makeup of the backfield depth to change somewhat in response to McBath getting healthy. Keep in mind that we saw more names than this last year, just spread out more to accommodate injuries. We seem to be capitalizing on Bruton and McBath's quick development, and carrying the extra CBs early.
- McDaniels cut bait with a number of players, including Seth Olsen. I was never a fan of the Seth Olsen pick (sorry Sayre!) because I didn't like the "fit" (though I love OL products from Iowa as a general rule).