I believe that Orton is the perfect backup QB for a number of reasons:
1) Pressure. Orton hasn't dealt well with pressure and being the backup QB is one of the least pressure filled jobs in the NFL. Most of the time the backup doesn't even go into the game, and when he does it's because things are going badly and expectations are low and the other team is playing prevent. Orton's perfect world.
2) Experience. Backups don't get a lot of practice time, but Orton has 7 years experience and has had all the TC and first 5 games practice & playing time, so he's not going to be rusty coming off the bench. Quinn on the other hand has had as little practice as Tebow so will be just as rusty and slow to start. Orton can come into any game ready to play with the 1st string and already has his timing down with them.
3) Game plan. Defenses will be designed to stop Tebow's game. If Orton comes in, he will be facing a defense as unprepared for him as Tebow faced with the Chargers. Again, advantage Orton.
4) Career. Orton has said he's like to get into coaching and this is an opportunity. He can leverage his greater experience to help both Quinn and Tebow. Not only with film study but what to expect with the 1st string receivers and his experience with different defensive players.
5) Free Agent. Orton needs to improve his market value after a horrendous start this year and performing well as a backup and knowing that role will make him more attractive to any team looking for an experienced backup.
So, to all those who think we should trade Orton away, I say we have probably the NFL's most perfect backup QB. Let's leverage that asset.