I am one of about a billion football fans who does believe that Andrew Luck is the real deal, a sure fire franchise QB, and possibly the best pro prospect to come out of college since Peyton Manning. I don't quite put him up there with John Elway, because frankly, real Bronco fans just don't do that. But he is good. Hellagood. So good that we may see some unusual, how should I say ... "maneuvering" amongst teams obviously not going anywhere this season to position themselves with a chance to land him. So without further ado, the current Suck for Luck Top 5:
5. Kansas City Chiefs -After jumping out to a commanding lead in the SFL race in weeks 1 and 2, the Chiefs seemingly forgot that Matt Cassell (4th worst QB rating in the league) is their QB and decided to become competitive. Allowing the Vikings to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in Arrowhead yesterday should be the final nail in Todd Haley's coaching coffin, sending the Chiefs spiralling upward to a 1-3 record and hurling them back into 5th place in the SFL sweepstakes.
4. Miami Dolphins -Imagine a fanbase screaming for, not against, Kyle Orton. Well, that is what we had in Miami during the preseason, and that couldn't be a sign of QB stability. And the 0-4 Dolphins are proving their fanbase, ummm, correct! Face it, this is a team that is so bad that none of Brandon Marshall's personalities cares for them.
3. St. Louis Rams -The Rams already have a top overall pick, and a player who many believed was already becoming a franchise QB, on their roster in Sam Bradford. They also hired a supposed offensive, or at least QB coaching, guru in the offseason in Josh McDaniels. Thus far this season, the Bradford/McDaniels union has taken an up and coming offense and turned it into a bad case of wtf happened? Bradford has the 3rd worst QB rating in the league, the Rams are a solid 0-4, and that beleaguered look on McD's face that we saw so often during his last year plus here is looking more and more permanent. How long before McD trades Bradford for some draft picks that he can then help to squander?
2. Indianapolis Colts -The Manningless Colts should obtain 0-4 tonight in Tampa, and even their owner isn't sure about the script he is reading on Manning's possible return. If the Colts are still winless in December, Manning won't return. Not with a chance to be a rare team with back-to-back franchise QBs. "Integrity schmegrity" should be posted on their front office walls.
1. Minnesota Vikings -Not everyone thought that Donovan McNab was done. Well, not everyone was correct. He is done, the Vikings inexplicably McDanielsed their top pick in this past draft on a complete reach of a QB, and they staked a strong claim to number 1 in the SFL chase with a loss to the lowly Chiefs yesterday. At 0-4 they are the current leaders in the Luck limbo dance. Don't be surprised to see mystery ailments to stud RB Adrian Peterson before too long, as he may be the only thing standing, or in his case running, in the way of that number one overall pick.
This is a Fan-Created Comment on MileHighReport.com. The opinion here is not necessarily shared by the editorial staff of MHR