That was tough to watch. Tebows critics are going to say this is proof that the kid can't be an NFL Quarterback. However, to be fair Tebow is playing with a lack of talent around him.
1. Our offensive line is average
2. Moreno and Ball are average at best.
3. Decker is a good #2 reciever, but he is not a number 1 and he is not a deep threat. This allows defenses to crowd the line of scrimmage on us.
4. Eddie Royal is like the invisible man, havent seen much of him since his rookie season.
5. Our defense is improving but we still have holes. Our defensive line needs serious uprgrades, our cornerback depth is thin, our ability to stop the run comes and goes. Vastly improved over last year, but still a long way to go.
Tebow gets criticized for holding the ball to long, but our recievers can't get seperation from DBs. No one on our offense scares any defense. Our best threat was brandon lloyd and we gave him away for a 5th round pick. Tebow has a lot of work to do, but right now he's got to feel like its one against 11 out there. He needs help and a big talent infusion on offense for him to succeed.
What's up with the play calling? Dive play, Dive play, incomplete pass on third and long. Are you kidding me? where were the adjustments? What about opening up the playbook? What about letting Tebow be Tebow and take the training wheels off the bike.
Today was ugly and disheartening. We will never know what we have with Tebow unless you open the playbook and he gets more help from his teammates, especially his recievers. Tebow has a lot work to do, but so do the bronco coaches and all members of the offense.
The critics are going to write Tebow off after this, but I think the kid can be a good QB, but like john lynch said on the broadcast, they have to open the playbook to give him a fighting chance. Unleash Tebow and hit the throttle the rest of the season, lets see what Tebow and the offense are really capable of.