Let me get some things off my chest here, my wife and baby are sleeping, and I've got a spare moment.
1) My Credentials: My Granddad lived in Denver when the Broncos were created and adopted them as his team. I am THIRD generation - call on the phone - discuss every game, Broncos fan material. I am not a Tebow fanatic - believe it - or click that X in the upper right hand corner now.
2) If you're with me this far, abandon all preconceived notions.
3) To the Tebow Maniacs (all others skip and move on): Listen, you've got to chill. I completely understand that you believed and you were right. Pat yourself on the back. You saw it coming, and you've always got that, but you've got to cool it now and assume the stoic, humble, and primarily quiet waiting position and let your man hit the finish line without chest thumping. Remember, you're not really doing anything but believing in a great motivators motivation.
4) To the Tebow Doubters (all others skip and more on): Wake up! Elway retired. Since then I recall - Brister, Griese, Frerrote, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, and Now. No disrespect to Griese, but let's start with Plummer. Maybe we quit too soon, I don't know, but I remember wanting Cutler when he started so on to Cutler. None of us ever would have opted for his trade but it happened. Good luck Orton, but I'm skipping him too.
5) I don't care to fight with fellow Broncos fans, so let's ditch the preconceived notions and just let our young QB be 4 - 1 this season. Nobody else would be so scrutinized and we should avoid that. Forget about passing statistics and how they project for the remaining games. Imagine the pre-internet era when you didn't have easy access to this information.
It isn't just a time for Tebow fanatics to be celebrating. Quit marginalizing my belief in Tebow as misinformed cult personality passion. I'm watching these games, and I see someone that makes me want to watch the ENTIRE game, a conviction I've slowly lost since Elway retired.
This is a Fan-Created Comment on MileHighReport.com. The opinion here is not necessarily shared by the editorial staff of MHR