INSTEAD OF "SUCK FOR LUCK IT" SHOULD BE “NO THANKS!”
- 3 wins is nowhere near close enough to have the #1 pick---it is Indy’s, let’s face it
- I don’t want to trade for the right to Andrew Luck, I watched him play a lousy half against the Oregon State Beavers, and another against Duke, the guy is not worth mortgaging a future and benefits greatly from NFL quality talent around him---and guess what, he looks very similar to Christian Ponder coming out. Ponder read defenses well and ran a pro-style offense @ Florida State as well---they BOTH have decent but NOT great arms. There will be other options available at a much more reasonable price if EFX is not sold on Tebow.
- We need defense guys. Right now all we have is Champ back there, and even he gets beat from time to time now. Can we spend the draft picks Luck would warrant on a DT, CB, LB instead?
TEBOW DESERVES MORE TIME PERIOD
I’ve said it from the beginning---it’s too early to proclaim him hero or bust yet. But anytime an offense gouges a stout D like the Raiders to the tune of 300 yards, that is something special to hold on to and he helps create a different dynamic in the running game. Remember, it’s never as good OR bad as it seems. I hope that this win buys him some more time, especially given the fact that there was some improvement from last week and he is 2-1 as our starter now.
IT TAKES A TEAM TO WIN
This Raider game proves it to us. This win belongs to the team---so many contributed to it, it is just amazing to see what happens when everyone pulls their weight. If our team can learn to win in this way, it will be a beautiful thing to watch!
ENOUGH OF THE QB DRAWS UP THE MIDDLE
I was calling for McCoy’s head, but that is knee-jerk as well---this is what should be improved.
- If you’re going to call a QB draw, quit doing it up the middle---for the longest time opponents, not just the Raiders have really sniffed this one out. Besides, look how many big runs Tim had around the end.
- When Tim is moving the ball through the air, STICK WITH IT. It was SOOOOO frustrating after the TD to open the 3rd quarter and the subsequent drive where we moved it well by passing, that once we reached midfield, here came run calls on both first and second down. We ran the ball great---I’m not criticizing having faith in the run game, I’m criticizing the fact that our offense was on a roll through the air and the momentum was stopped.
FANS CHILL OUT
- There is a lot of hypocrisy going on during the game. “we should throw a screen”---then there is a screen on 2nd down that gets stuffed and here comes “that call sucked”
- 3rd and more than 10 is almost impossible to convert at a high percentage. So when there is a draw play or screen, realize that 95% of other teams play it this way as well---it just isn’t McCoy. Do you really want a seven step drop with deep patterns when Tim has been pressured relentlessly all game? Just gonna get him needlessly hit.
- Look, and I know some of this is subjective, but if Tim has a bad throw---call it like it is. When he makes a great play---call it like it is and this goes for the rest of our team. Like I said we should be able to speak the truth---it’s called being objective, not a ‘hater’.
I AM SO HAPPY
At halftime down by 10 I wrote something like “How good is it gonna feel WHEN our team comes back and beats our rivals?” And oh man it is sweet! I have so many Raiders loving relatives talking smack all first half. When it was all said and done, it was too easy to sing “NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE!!!” I love it, my team won! We beat the Raiders who I hate! And guess what Broncos Country? 3-5 puts us one game back and we got da Chiefs next week! We in it for the long hall baby, pass the kool-aid fellow MHR brothers and sisters, we’ve been quite parched for a long time!!!