Great game, especially in the second half! I was on the edge of my seat for almost the entire game.
Some miscellaneous thoughts:
- We had a Thomas sighting today! Demaryius Thomas, that is.
- Willis McGahee played another great game, giving heart, body, and soul.
- Brian Dawkins was all over the field, and kept encouraging his teammates when on the sideline.
- Tim Tebow threw some excellent passes, even including one long one near the end zone that the receiver (DT?) couldn't quite bring in. And speaking of receivers named Thomas - what's going on with Julius Thomas? He and Green don't seem to get many opportunities, so I guess Fells and Rosario must be doing OK.
- The defensive line also played very well, particularly Bunkley, McBean, Dumervil, Ayers and Hunter, but some of the DBs got killed by Harvin. Chris Harris has been an excellent find, but we could sure use a talent infusion back there from next year's draft, or from this year's rookies improving. Goodman and McCarthy got victimized too often, even though Goodman did make a play to set up the winning score at the end of the game.
- In general, the offensive line played well, though Clady seems to be having an off year with all of his penalties.
- Special teams, as usual, was superb, limiting the Vikings and then winning the game with field goals at the end.
- It was a pleasure to see the team score 35 points, and we needed all of them. Makes you wonder how well this team could play if they had had a training camp with the new coaches.
- I'll bet Christian Ponder is going to be REALLY sore after this game! What a pounding!
Wow! First place in the AFC West with 4 games to go and tie-breaker advantages over the most likely teams for the wild-card spots! GO BRONCOS!