I love draft season. It is my favorite right after the regular season unless we are in the playoffs. I love seeing all the Mock drafts and critiquing them however this is how I get my info on college players so coming up with my own mock draft would be useless to any of you.
A couple of things stand out to me right now and would like your opinions as well.
1. My opinion is that we are over valuing Orton's trade potential. Other teams know what we know of him and have watched him fold in tight games and get knocked over by the wind of a DT's arms. I think to be practical we either keep him around another year or the best case to me is maybe a 3rd rounder.
2. Trading out of the second spot is next to impossible if you ask me UNLESS the QB's light it up prior to the draft. To me that is the only way someone will trade up for that price. Oh wait there might be another way, If the new CBA has a rookie cap on it, that might open it up a bit.
3. With the 2nd round picks we have I think those are the best trade value for us picking up extra picks unless there is someone we really want that falls out of the 1st round. We can pick up some top quality prospects and have the potential to still pick up the player we are targeting with our other 2nd round pick.
4. Have we all fallen in love with the Matthews pick just because of his brother's success. I watched him in the championship game and was not overly impressed as much as thought he would be a good depth player.
5. Since most of us are from the area and know the Buff players, does that skew our thinking towards those CB's I think the Smith kid will be long gone before the second round and the other CB looks good too but just have the thought that maybe we are a bit prejudice.
6. I feel that right now the Mocks that have us trading all kinds of players are premature. This CBA thing is not over by a longshot in my estimation and I feel that we will "have what we have" and should plan our strategy accordingly.
Thanks for your input guys cant wait to see what you all think?