With the lockout likely to end soon (we are all praying for this), we'll can finally re-order our depth chart. I would then like to submit my idea of how I would like our front office to accomplish this task. So here we go with our season's 53:
|POSITION||STARTER||2ND TEAM||3RD TEAM|
|QB||Tim Tebow||Brady Quinn|
|RB||Knowshon Moreno||Free Agent 2||Correll Buckhalter|
|FB||Spenser Larsen||Richard Quinn|
|TE||Richard Quinn||Julius Thomas||Virgil Green|
|WR1||Brandon Lloyd||Demariyus Thomas|
|WR2||Jabar Gaffney||Erik Decker|
|slot WR||Eddie Royal|
|LT||Ryan Clady||Chris Clark|
|LG||Orlando Franklin||Russ Hochstein||Stanley Daniels|
|C||J.D. Walton||Jeff Byers|
|RG||Chris Kuper||Zane Beadles|
|RT||Ryan Harris||Orlando Franklin||Zane Beadles|
|LDE||Robert Ayers||Jason Hunter|
|LDT||Kevin Vickerson||Marcus Thomas|
|RDT||Free Agent 1||Justin Bannan||Leonard Louis|
|RDE||Elvis Dumervil||Mario Haggan||Jeremy Beal|
|SLB||Von Miller||Mike Mohamed|
|MLB||Nate Irving||Joe Mays|
|WLB||DJ Williams||Wesley Woodyard||Mario Haggan|
|LCB||Champ Bailey||Perrish Cox|
|RCB||Andre Goodman||Syd’Quan Thompson||Cassius Vaughn|
|SS||Quinton Carter||Renaldo Hill|
|FS||Rahim Moore||Darcel McBath||Brian Dawkins|
Italic means a Free Agent signed.
A few considerations:
1. I set up our depth chart disregarding the current team's injuries. I am confident that when Demaryius Thomas is recovered from his surgery on Achilles tendon,he will be able to remain healthy and become the dominant WR that we expect. If not, Erik Decker assumes his position and we promote Matt Willis to the roster.
2. I have a great hope in our TEs corp. But as the great potential is in our two drafted players, at least in 2011 season it's necessary that Richard Quinn is the starter for the both rookies can gain some experience.
3. I'll be very disappointed if our front office doesn't resign Ryan Harris, even at this moment that I think it's quite unlikely. With Harris presence as RT, Orlando Franklin can play as the former LG he was in Florida, because he has a lack of pass protection and hasn't the fluidity needed to be an OT. IMO, Franklin would play RT just in the case Ryan Harris gets hurt, since we know about his injury prone.
4. I am considering Perrish Cox as free from jail, since this was the last news reported about his case. If there is a twist on the court, Cassius Vaughn occupies the spot and we promote Nate Jones to the roster.
5. As Jarvis Moss is out now, I think much profitable to give an opportunity to Jeremy Beal to show his work. Beal was a great DE in college, but with a poor season in 2010 he ended up falling into the 7th round. I consider a steal for the Broncos drafting him that late, so it's a good idea to watch him closely, because we already know what Moss may or may not produce. So now let's see what can or can't Beal do.
6. Robert Ayers makes me very excited now that he is returning to his college position (former 4-3 DE). He is just fair as pass rusher, but he has enormous potential to be a great value in our DL, especially if we think how bad was our run stuffing last season. To rush the passer we already have two true nightmarescalled Miller and Dumervil, so in the 3rd down plays he can even be spoted as DT with Miller next to him as a DE.
And you? What do you think all about this? Any other considerations?