Regular Season Record (all-time) : 398-364-10
Playoff Record (all-time) : 17-15 (Last appearance after 2005 season)
Super Bowls Won: 2 out of 6 appearances
Championships Won: 2 Superbowls, 6 AFC Championships
Passing Leader (all-time): John Elway - 51,475 yards
Rushing Leader (all-time): Terrell Davis - 7,607 yards
Receiving Leader (all-time): Rod Smith - 11,389 yards
Winningest Coach (all-time): Mike Shanahan - 138 wins
Past 5 Seasons
Regular Season Record (all-time) : 440-324-6
Playoff Record (all-time) : 33-25 (Last appearance after 2009 season)
Super Bowls Won: 5 out of 8 appearances
Championships Won: 5
Passing Leader (all-time): Troy Aikman - 32,942 yards
Rushing Leader (all-time): Emmitt Smith - 17,162 yards
Receiving Leader (all-time): Michael Irvin - 11,904 yards
Winningest Coach (all-time): Tom Landry - 250 wins
Past 5 Seasons
2009: 11-5 (Playoffs)
2007: 13-3 (Playoffs)
2006: 9-7 (Playoffs)
Quick Broncos Notes
· The Broncos are opening the preseason on the road for the 14th consecutive year, marking the NFL's longest current such streak.
· 9 members of the team are from Texas including Walton (Allen), Miller (DeSoto) and McBean (Euless)
Cowboys not expected to play: Linebacker Keith Brooking (hamstring), center Andre Gurode (knee), cornerback Mike Jenkins (stinger), guard Montrae Holland (back), cornerback Terence Newman (groin) and nose tackle Jay Ratliff (hip)
Matchups/Players To Watch
Tim Tebow – Tebow has been the talk of the preseason. He was wanted by most fans to be the starting quarterback and now he is at the point that the future of his career has been questioned. It looks like he will have another year to be evaluated and if he plays good in these preseason games, it could help determine his future.
Eddie Royal – Coming off hip surgery, Royal is still looking to get back to the form of his rookie year. He is also a special teams threat for the Broncos. Hopefully he has his speed back and is utilized better in Fox’s system than he was in McDaniels.
Rahim Moore – Moore was drafted in the second round by the Broncos. He is hoping to be the start of a youth movement for the secondary that is really old. He is a ball hawk and he will probably be tested a lot so hopefully he can make a statement and get his hands on the ball whether it is interceptions or batting them down.
The two Gronks - One of Broncos TE Dan Gronkowski's brothers is the starting FullBack for the Cowboys. Chris Gronkowski is in his 2nd year.
Defense - Rob Ryan’s new defense that is still a work in progress.
Keep an eye on the rookie free agent WR Raymond Radway, who some believe has been the next best receiver in camp.
Broncos vs Cowboys History:
· December 2, 1973 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 10 – 22
· December 18, 1977 – Broncos @ Cowboys – 6 – 14
· January 15 1978 (super bowl) – Broncos @ Cowboys – 10 – 27
· September 14, 1980 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 41 - 20
· October 5, 1986 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 29 – 14
· December 6, 1992 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 27-31
· September 10, 1995 – Broncos @ Cowboys – 21-31
· September 13, 1998 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 42 – 23
· November 22, 2001 – Broncos @ Cowboys – 26 – 24
· November 24, 2005 – Broncos @ Cowboys – 24 – 21
· October 4, 2009 – Broncos vs Cowboys – 17-10
Record – Broncos 6 Cowboys 5 (does not include pre-season) The last time these two teams met was October 4th, 2009 in Denver. The Broncos prevailed 17-10. The Broncos are 2-3 in Dallas and have beaten the Cowboys four straight times.
Broncos: 4-12. AFC West 4th
Cowboys 6-10 NFC East 3rd
2010 Season Leaders
Kyle Orton – 3653 yards, 20 Touchdowns, 9 Interceptions, 58.8%, 87.5 QB Rating
Jon Kitna – 2365 Yards, 16 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 65.7%, 88.9 QB Rating
Knowshon Moreno 779 yards, 4.3 YPC, 35 long carry, 5 touchdowns
Felix Jones 800 yards, 4.3 YPC, 34 long carry, 1 touchdown
Brandon Lloyd 77 receptions, 1,448 yards, 18.8 YPR, 71 long catch, 11 touchdowns
Jason Witten 94 receptions, 1002 yards, 10.7 YPR, 33 long catch, 9 touchdowns
Broncos – D.J. Williams - 119
Cowboys – Bradie James – 118
Cowboys – Gerald Sensabaugh, Terrence Newman – 5
Broncos – D.J. Williams – 5.5, Mario Haggan – 5.0
Cowboys – DeMarcus Ware – 15.5
Cowboys Offseason News
· Tyron Smith is continuing to progress at right tackle. He has taken his lumps but he is working hard and working extra after practice…
· RB Phillip Tanner, a rookie free agent, has flashed speed, quickness and running ability, and could make practice squad..
• LB Keith Brooking) (hamstring) is out for two weeks, and should be back for the second preseason game.
• RB Tashard Choice (calf) is out two weeks, and should be back for the second preseason game.
• WR Teddy Williams (hamstring) is day to day.
• C Andre Gurode(knee) is out two to four weeks after having offseason knee surgery
• LB Bruce Carter (knee) is out at least a month rehabbing a torn ACL from college. Carter had surgery last November.
• RB DeMarco Murray(hamstring) is out for two weeks. He should be back for the second preseason game.
• CB Mike Jenkins (neck) is day to day.
• CB Alan Ball (blister) is day to day.
• OG Montrae Holland (back) is day to day.
• NT Jay Ratliff (hip) is day to day.
• CB Terence Newman (groin) is out the rest of training camp and the entire preseason. He is hoping to return for the season opener.
• WR Manny Johnson (head) day to day.
• LB Mike Balogun (waivers Bills).
• DE Kenyon Coleman: FA Browns; 2 yrs, terms unknown.
• S Abe Elam: UFA Browns; $2.5
• DT Jimmy Saddler-McQueen (waivers Rams).
• RB Marion Barber (released).
• T Alex Barron UFA Saints; terms unknown.
• WR Troy Bergeron(released).
• DE Stephen Bowen UFA Redskins; $27.5M/5 yrs, $12.5M guaranteed.
• T Robert Brewster(released).
• K Kris Brown (released).
• T Marc Colombo (released).
• G Leonard Davis (released).
• WR Sam Hurd: UFA Bears; terms unknown.
• LB Kelvin Smith(released).
• WR Roy Williams (released).
· SLB Von Miller continues to run with the first team and is starting to find his groove as a pass rusher. His first-step explosion can't be taught.
· SS Quinton Carter has dropped on the depth chart with the return to action of Brian Dawkins but Carter should play, particularly in heavy dime and nickel packages.
· Jeremy Beal began camp on the defensive line, but with numerous signings on the front four has been switched to linebacker. Beal could face an uphill battle to make the team.
· Linebacker D.J. Williams has missed all of camp other than a couple walkthrough practices with a hamstring injury. Coach John Fox said Williams has done vigorous workouts lately and it's likely Williams will be back to work fully following the first preseason game Aug. 10.
· Defensive tackle Louis Leonard had been running with the first team at nose but a knee injury and the additions of Brodrick Bunkley and Warren have limited his time to make a more complete impression. Coach John Fox, though, had Leonard in Carolina and knows his strengths and weaknesses.
· WR Demaryius Thomas has been a fixture at practice but remains on the non-football injury list after Achilles surgery. Thomas can be seen jogging extremely lightly and catching passes on nearby fields but remains a PUP list candidate to open the season.
· WR David Anderson: FA Texans; terms unknown.
· DT Brodrick Bunkley (trade Eagles).
· TE Daniel Fells: UFA Rams; terms unknown.
· DE Derrick Harvey: FA Jaguars; terms unknown.
· DE Jeremy Jarmon (trade Redskins).
· RB Willis McGahee: FA Ravens; 4 yrs, terms unknown.
· G Manny Ramirez: FA; terms unknown.
· TE Dante Rosario: UFA Panthers; terms unknown.
· DE Ty Warren: FA Patriots; $10M/2 yrs, $2.5M SB.
· DL Justin Bannan (released).
· RB Correll Buckhalter (released).
· TE Dan Coats (released)
· NT Ronald Fields: UFA Dolphins: terms unknown.
· WR Jabar Gaffney (traded Redskins)
· TE Daniel Graham (released).
· T Ryan Harris: UFA Eagles; 1 yr, terms unknown.
· S Renaldo Hill (released).
· CB Chevis Jackson (released).
· NT Jamal Williams (released).