Because we have been beating (QB) dead horses over and over, I thought I would share some thoughts on my experience of being on the internet since it's inception.
1) The interwebs give people the outlet to express their opinion. And they never stop expressing that opinion even when they are proven wrong.
2) The internet removes people's filters. They say stuff that they would never say in person - because they would get their butts kicked!
3) People on internet sport message boards and forums usually have agendas. It may take a while to figure someone's out, but if you pay attention, it'll be there. (Tebow is the greatest!) (Tebow is a pooh-pooh head)
4) Haters are always going to hate. You know these people. You may be one. It's a fact and if you don't agree you suck.
5) Homers aren't bound by logic, reason, sanity or common sense. Learn it, know it, live it.
6) There's a specific place in hell for mean-spirited internet trolls. There has to be...
7) To maintain your internet sanity, you have to know when to stop arguing with someone on the internet. Chances are they are crazy and my dad always said never argue with a crazy person. Interesting note, my mom never argued anything with my dad.
8) Common, blunt humor is usually more successful on the internet than sophisticated, thought-provoking humor because well you know. Well, maybe you don't.
9) Forums and message boards are an extension of society. People have a need to belong and thus form cliques. Those that don't conform to the collective group think can get ganged up on. (I don't see that here as much as other places)
10) New England fans are the most unbearable fans on message boards. They have taken on the personality of their coach. I wish I was kidding.
Only 5 weeks to the start of the regular season. Thank God for football.