I checked out 104 the Fan and was listening to the Al and D-Mac show.
Some good stuff for sure. I liked Al a lot.
However, some guy got on preaching about the impact of fans and this is where I wanted to change the channel.Things this fan said:
1) He was a real fan because he had season tickets.
2) He was an especially real fan because he was a 2nd generation ticket holder
3) He was upset at the "fair weather" fans that boo the Broncos.
4) If this team is going to have a chance, we need to get behind them and cheer them on.
5) Kept using the term "our team".
Maybe I'm in a bad mood but this makes me want to vomit. Being a fan means you care about the team but are free to be unhappy with them and let them know it. I'm sure it feels good to be cheered by 80,000 people but a the same time, these guys are paid atheletes and are expected to play their best regardless of the fans. Many of the players were drafted by a team that choose them, not the other way around. The ones that signed as FAs, signed not because of the fan base but for financial, career and competitive reasons.
Finally, going to games is fun but the stadium experience has waned for me as I get older (42). I don't do well with jackasses swearing the entire game acting like morons. I think NBA games are worse when it comes to fans but I dont think buying a ticket is a free excuse to act like a jerk.