So here we are bronco fans, in the midst of a grueling QB controversy, battling the injury bug, dropping winnable games and witnessing the continued mediocrity of a once dominant franchise. The reasons behind the decline in fortunes of the Broncos are well documented, but lets lay some out, take a poll and find out what is REALLY driving folks nuts...after the jump!
1. I am legitimately fired up about the rookie's overall play, and it seems like every pick has been a solid contributor except for MLB Nate Irving. The early play of Von Miller, Orlando Franklin, Rahim Moore and Julius Thomas demonstrates to me that our front office might be onto something.
2. An improving defense- better schemes and a LOT more QB pressure than the last 2 seasons. Some players have clearly elevated their game. Robert Ayers may not be a pro bowler at this point, but he has at least been solid. Joe Mays has been fun to watch as he lays the smackdown, even if he does get exploited in coverage; but at least, for now, when our defense is on the field I don't take it as a given that we will get iced on third down and hemorrhage yardage and points. More please!
3. Special teams play has been MUCH improved- yes, even the broken punt play last week against the titans. That was a lucky break for the enemy. Great punting team especially. But what should we expect with all the practice they are getting.
1. Our Running Game is painful to watch at times.
2. Overall QB play has not been good enough.
3. Play calling needs to improve- not sure we took even one deep shot last Sunday, which means teams can focus on stuffing the run and the short passing game.
Overall: SO, there we have it- we are a bottom third team but we are FINALLY moving in the right direction. So why all the angst? I have a few theories! Feel free to add more in the comments section.