I have a few observations from today's game that I wanted to share with you all.
2. Chris Kuper injury - Horrible. One of the nastiest injuries I've ever seen (yeah, saw the whooooooole thing). He is a staple on our line, and I'm very sad about the loss. I hope he can return to form and have a great career for the Broncos.
3. Tackling improved. It's much easier to stop the opposing offense when you can tackle their players.
4. Coaching and play calling. My biggest beef was the punt at the end of the 1st half. Prater is a good kicker, so let him bomb one to get rid of the goose egg going into half! Were our coaches really that scared of giving Kyle Orton and the Chefs the ball back??? It's hard to dispute the game plan and play calling when we are destroying the ground, but the run game should be setting up other plays...like screens and TE seem-routes. Why do we not use our TE's??? Did we attempt a screen pass today??? I like John Fox's conservative mantra, but I think we have more plays in the playbook than what we saw today.
5. Von Miller. He is a rookie and blew some assignments today. When he becomes a complete outside linebacker he will be one of the greatest defensive players of all time, but today was not his day.
6. Playoffs. Yes, we're in the playoffs. Strangely I feel more confident against the Steelers and dirt bag ben than I did against the Chefs. Everybody is 0-0 now, anything could happen.
I'm happy about our newest banner - 2011 AFC West Champs, but today's game was pretty crappy. Yes, I ripped Tebow more than anyone/anything in this post, but deservedly so. Yes, I want Tebow to be "the guy." Yes, I want the Broncos to destroy Steelers.
Happy New Year!!!