Greetings Broncos fans! I wanted to touch base with you about the latest round of updates to the MHR platform. Here is a comprehensive list:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
Hopefully some of these resolve some of the issues you have been having. I also know that the colors - specifically the orange - are not quite right and I continue to work on that.
Can we stop the weekly posts on whether or not you should stay or go? I respect your feelings and I truly appreciate the passion many of you have for MHR. NO ONE has more passion than me. Many of the updates above are a direct result of your feedback and you should be commended. But let's not lose sight of what MHR is about. It's about all of US! Together. BRONCOS COUNTRY!
To me, the Denver Broncos will always be the orange and blue of my youth. The 'D' on the helmet. When the team changed EVERYTHING in 1997 I was not a fan - not even close. Did I 'leave' Broncos Country? Of course not! I mean, the team CHANGED COLORS! They went from the 'soft' blue to a dark navy and nearly removed orange from the color palette completely. That was a much bigger change than anything we have done here! The stadium is still sold out. You all went and bought new jerseys and hats. YOU ADAPTED TO IT!
Change is hard. Instead of fighting it, however, suggest improvements and get back to what makes MHR great! Our combined voices talking about the Denver Broncos! The best fans in sports talking about our favorite team.
Get back in the Fan Posts and start talking about the Broncos. Get back in the Comments and start talking about the Broncos. Do what you do! It's not the house, it's the people inside!
If you choose to leave, I get it. My 'real' job is within an engineering firm and engineers are as 'Type-A' as they come. There is no need, however, to try and garner support for your move. Just go.
If you want to be part of the solution, send your suggestions to SUPPORT@SBNATION.COM. They are listening, as the list above should demonstrate. You can keep track of all the platform updates HERE. If you need to vent, vent TO ME - MILEHIGHREPORT@GMAIL.COM. Leave Kirk and the rest of the staff alone. Let them focus on content.
Again, I know the change was drastic but the core of MHR has NOT CHANGED. It is still about YOU. Let's direct all this energy towards the Broncos and what is quickly becoming a MAGICAL season!
Comments are closed in this post to avoid it becoming another flame thread. Make the best decision you can for YOU! I hope you hang around. Either way, GO BRONCOS!