About a third of the season has come to pass and we are now looking at a 3-3 record as we lead the AFC west. I have read around and see that many don't believe that we have finally taken the next step from being just an average so and so team, to being a consistently good team. So for those of you who are nonbelievers, I have prepared a quick list of reasons why you should convert:
(in no particular order)
1. Peyton Manning: Yes of course, I can't help but mention Peyton First. A good team is always headed by a outstanding play from your QB, and when your QB throws 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half to come back from a 0-24 deficit en rout to a 35-24 victory over the Chargers, then your QB is outstanding as they come.
2. Red Zone Productivity: The Broncos are about 70% efficient in the red zone this season, while we would like to get that up a lil bit closer to 80%, which would be extremely good, 70% efficiency proves that we don't often come off the field empty after getting inside the 20.
3. Creating Turnovers: While the defense hasn't been the best around, this season the defense has been able to get the ball back for the offense 10 times, although its only fair to add that 6 of those turnovers came in Week 6 vs the chargers, but getting turnovers at the right time is an attribute of good defenses.
4. Improving Defense: Broncos are currently ranked 10th in the league for pass defense and 18th for run defense. We seem to have a knack for playing better in the 2nd half though. So far this season we have given up a total of 98 points in the first two quarters through 6 games, compared to just 40 points in the 2nd half of all those games.
5. Offensive consistency: Disregarding Manning's 3 INT escapade in a 21-27 loss vs the Falcons, the offense has shown to be fairly consistent. Through 6 games Manning and the offense are averaging nearly 30 points per game, which includes games against the Texans' 5th ranked run and pass defense, and New England's 8th ranked run defense.