USA TODAY Sports
Denver Running Back Nominated for the second straight week.
The NFL has announced the Week 15 nominees for the FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Week, Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week, & GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Week.
Denver Broncos Running Back Knowshon Moreno is one of the three finalists for the FedEx Ground Player of the Week, along with Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings and Arian Foster of the Houston Texans.
Quarterbacks Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints, Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys and Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week.
Quarterback Kirk Cousins of the Washington Redskins, running back-kick returner La Michael James of the San Francisco 49ers, quarterback Ryan Tannehill of the Miami Dolphins, kicker Blair Walsh of the Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks are the finalists for PEPSI MAX NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK honors for Week 15, the NFL announced today.
Adrian Peterson sets his sights on the season rushing yards record. San Francisco 49ers rebound from a Patriots rally. Kirk Cousins lifts Redskins into first place. These are the three finalists for the GMC NEVER SAY NEVER MOMENT OF THE WEEK for games played on December 13-17, the NFL announced today. The GMC NEVER SAY NEVER MOMENT OF THE WEEK is the best moment or play of the week that represents determination and perseverance.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
The Air Player of the Week finalists:
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees completed 26 of 39 passes for 307 yards and four touchdowns as the Saints beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 41-0.
- Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo completed 30 of 42 passes for 341 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys’ 27-24 overtime win against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan completed 23 of 28 passes for 270 yards and three touchdowns to finish his day with a 142.6 passer rating in the Falcons’ 34-0 win against the New York Giants.
The Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Houston Texans RB Arian Foster gained 165 yards on 27 carries as the Texans beat the Indianapolis Colts 29-17.
- Denver Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno tallied 118 yards on 22 carries and scored one touchdown in the Broncos’ 34-17 victory over the Baltimore Ravens.
- Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 212 yards on 24 carries and scored one touchdown, averaging 8.8 yards per rush in the Vikings’ 36-22 victory over the St. Louis Rams.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Get your MHR T-shirt here
Like Me on FaceBook!