Rookie leading rusher Trent Richardson carries the Cleveland Browns to the Mile High City this Sunday. - USA TODAY Sports Images
Denver going for 10 in a row.
The Denver Broncos are 11-3 and own the NFL’s longest active winning streak (nine games), look to sustain their momentum through the final two weeks of the regular season. Denver clinched the AFC West for the second year in a row and is pushing for a 1st-round postseason bye and home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.
The Broncos play host to the 5-9 Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
"If you want to play well in the playoffs, you need to finish the regular season on a high note. We want to continue to get better and we haven’t played our best football yet. I think
everybody understands that once you get in the playoffs, you need to bring your ‘A-game’ every week." -- Brandon Stokley
LAST WEEK: The Browns Lost 38-21 to the Washington Redskins, while the Broncos defeated the Baltimore Ravens 34-17 in their own house. It was Denver’s first victiry at M&T Stadium.
PASSING: Rookie Quarterback Brandon Weeden is 285/498 for 3,281 yards, 14 TDs, 17 INTs and a 72.4 Rating.
RUSHING: Rookie Running Back Trent Richardson: 258 carries for 897 yards, a 3.5 average with 11 TDs.
RECEIVING: Trent Richardson has 48 catches for 352 yards and 1 TD.
OFFENSE: 319.6 (26th)
DEFENSE: 368.0 (23rd)
SACKS: Defensive End Juqua Parker: 6
INTs: Cornerbacks Sheldon Brown and Joe Haden: 3
PUNTING: Reggie Hodges: 42.0
KICKING: Phil Dawson: 28/28 PAT; 26/27 FGA
PASSING: Peyton Manning is 347/511 for 4,016 yards, 31 TDs, 10 INTs and a 103.5 Rating.
RUSHING: Knowshon Moreno: 102 carries for 406 yards, a 4.0 average and 3 TDs.
RECEIVING: Demaryius Thomas: 78 catches for 1,210 yards, a 15.5 average and 8 TDs.
OFFENSE: 387.2 (5th)
DEFENSE: 307.1 (4th)
SACKS: Linebacker Von Miller: 16
INTs: Cornerback Chris Harris and Linebacker Wesley Woodyard each have 3.
PUNTING: Britton Colquitt: 46.2
KICKING: Matt Prater: 46/46 PAT; 23/29 FGA
BROWNS: QB Brandon Weeden (5) has most wins ever by Browns rookie QB.
- Weeden (3,281) has most pass yards by a rookie in club history and has the 2nd-most among NFL rookies in ’12 (Andrew Luck, 3,978).
- Has 9 Touchdowns and an 87.7 Rating on the road.
- RB Trent Richardson (11) had 2 rush Touchdowns last week and surpassed Hall Of Famer JIM BROWN (9 in 1957) for most rushing TDs by a Browns rookie.
- He has 3 games with 100+ rush yards, tied for most ever by Browns rookie.
- Leads AFC rookies with 897 rush yards and needs 46 to surpass Brown (942) for most rush yards by Browns rookie.
- Trent aims for his 5th consecutive game with a rushing TD.
- WR Josh Gordon leads NFL rookies in receiving yards with 759.
- Rookie WR Travis Benjamin had a career-long 69-yard TD catch last week.
- LB D’Qwell Jackson has a team-high 106 tackles.
- S T.J. Ward posted his 1st INT of the season last week.
- DE Jabaal Sheard aims for a 3rd straight game with a Sack.
- K Phil Dawson has made 26 of 27 Field Goals in 2012, tied for 2nd-best percentage in the NFL.
BRONCOS: Captured the AFC West Division title for the 2nd consecutive season.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Get your MHR T-shirt here
Like Me on FaceBook!