Manning had his highest passing totals of the 2012 season against the Cleveland Browns.
The NFL announced today that quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, PEYTON MANNING of the Denver Broncos andAARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 22-23, while running backs JAMAAL CHARLES of the Kansas City Chiefs, RAY RICE of Baltimore Ravens and C.J. SPILLER of the Buffalo Bills are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 A.M. EST on Monday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners,FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team's city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees completed 37 of 53 passes for 446 yards and three touchdowns in the Saints' 34-31 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
- Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning completed 30 of 43 passes for 339 yards and three touchdowns as the Broncos beat the Cleveland Browns 34-12.
- Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers completed 27 of 38 passes for 342 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers' 55-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles gained 226 yards on 22 carries averaging 10.3 yards per carry and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 20-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice rushed for 107 yards on 24 carries in the Ravens' 33-14 win over the New York Giants.
- Buffalo Bills RB C.J. Spiller tallied 138 yards on 22 carries in the Bills' 24-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Head out and vote for Manning NOW!