As I'm reduced to watching golf today, I decided to go position by position, who to keep, who to lose and where to recruit from:
OL - Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Franklin start. Hochstein, Ramirez cut, Clark & Hills remain to be joined by draft choices
120. Philip Blake (6'2" / 320lb / 26yo) C from Baylor
129. Lucas Nix (6'5" / 305 / 23) OG from Pittsburgh
216. Derek Dennis (6"5" / 328 / 23) OG from Temple
RB - McGahee to be joined by draft choice:
57. Doug Martin (5'11" / 224 /23) from Boise State
Ball to be kept, J Johnson to be cut.
TE - Thomas and Green to remain and a higher pick added to be the starter they compete against:
25. Dwayne Allen (6'4" / 255 / 23) from Clemson
Fells and Rosario lo leave
WR - Thomas, Decker, Royal and Willis to stay. Cosby to leave
FB - Larsen and Q Johnson to stay
DE - Ayers and Dumervill to be supported by Harvey and Hunter.
DT - Re-sign Bunkley and (hopefully) Thomas to be supported by Unrein and McBean (just) to be joined by draft choice:
88. Kheeston Randall (6'5" / 305 / 25) from Texas
LB - Miller (SAM) and DJ Williams (WILL) to be joined by starter Dan Connor (MIKE) supported by Mohammed, Woodyard and Irving
CB - Bailey and (FA) Brandon Carr to start supported by Goodman, Harris, Vaughan and draft choice:
152. Donnie Fletcher (6'1" / 195 / 23) from Boston College
F/SS - Q.Carter and Moore, to be supported by Dawkins and Bush.
So to summarise my draft choices would be:
25. Dwayne Allen - TE
57. Doug Martin - RB
88. Kheeston Randall - DT
120. Philip Blake - C
129. Lucas Nix - RG
152. Donnie Fletcher - CB
216 Derek Dennis - LG
and FA acquisitions:
Brandon Carr - CB
Josh Johnson (or Dennis Dixon) - QB
Dan Connor - MLB
What do you think?