Things running through my mind.....
- I think Denver and one other dark horse team (Houston?) are the final two in the Manning Sweepstakes. Arizona has Larry and a dome, but not much else to offer. Miami's FO is a mess and the owner is a head case. Remember the coaching drama last year when Ross begged Harbaugh to join the Dolphins before firing his coach? Yeah, Manning remembers that, too.
- Manning will not coach up Tebow. Look at the back ups in Indy the past decade. Nothing worth talking about and all the time spent with Manning didn't seem to improve their game. However, I do think Tebow would benefit another year backing someone up. He needs MAJOR work on his drop backs and reads and release. I think that 2014 is the earliest we'll see Tebow play at a decent level as a pocket passer even if he starts for the Broncos next year. Manning needs months more of rehab and Tebow will get a ton of reps with the first team through April and up to training camp.
- Signing Manning does not change the team draft strategy this year. In fact, the only difference in the board would be a late QB pickup. Next year could be an issue. If Manning plays well, we could end up in the very same place we are now. A playoff win (maybe two) and no idea if Tebow is the answer; wondering if we should reach high for a can't miss QB prospect. But if we get 2 solid years from Manning that gives the FO a chance to dedicate the draft for 3 years in a row on defense and that means we could see the return of the Orange Crush D that could carry this team for the next decade.
- The team won't trade Tebow if it signs Manning. He's in the back end of his rookie contract and is one of the cheapest options on the market. At the very least the team will want a 1st round pick and I just don't see anyone crazy enough to do that with all the unknowns.
- The FO is loyal to winning, not the fans, not the coaches and certainly not the players. Tebow doesn't like the Broncos wooing Manning? Tough. This is a business and the bottom line is wins, and wins are the only reason Tebow was told he'd be the starter going to TC. He certainly didn't impress anyone with his 46% completion percentage.