here in the far north it's been rainy, cold (fourth coldest july on record) and we're jonesing for some broncos. and until i get my portal gun, i can't commute. so here are a few questions for anyone down there, or anyone who knows more than i do right now, which would be pretty much everyone;
1. Did Ayers lose his spot through lack of effort or did Hunter win it by excelling?
2. How does Mays look? Is he actually covering people? Did Irving lose his spot, or is Mays so improved that they are sliding Irving over to Sam to increase his chances of getting on the field (back up both Mays and Von)?
3. The DP touched on this, but in a very fluffy way; how's Walton handling Manning and the offensive reads and changes at the line? How are Walton and Beadles looking, esp. against Warren? Does Kuper look like he's completely back and mobile?
4. RBs; it seems to me that for either Ball or Fannin to beat Moreno for the number three spot they are going to have to show they can pick up the rush and catch the ball. Does that seem accurate, has either shown that they can do those things? My hunch is that, if Ball gets the third spot, that will more be a reflection on the failure of Moreno than on the ability of Ball.
5. QB; Caleb sounds like he is streaky at best and terrible at worst, Weber sounds uncertain and inaccurate. Oz looks intriguing, but if Manning goes down the season is over and throwing Oz into the fire too early could be damaging in a lot of ways. Thoughts on picking up a journeyman third QB off waivers vs. keeping Hanie or Weber?
feed me, seymour! and btw, kaptain, you rock!