The Denver Broncos (1-1) will host the Houston Texans (2-0) this Sunday afternoon to begin the front end of a two-game homestand. The Kickoff at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is set for 2:25 p.m. MDT. Along with a homecoming of sorts by Gary Kubiak, Wade Philips and Rick Dennison is that former Broncos WR Rod Smith will be inducted as the 23rd member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame during a halftime ceremony.
The game will be broadcast nationally by KCNC-TV (CBS 4) and CBS Sirius: 86, 92. Calling the game will be CBS’ s No. 1 crew of Jim Nantz doing the play-by-play and Phil Simms acting as the color man. Click here to see which game is showing in your area. It will also be aired by the local KOA Radio (850 AM) with Dave Logan (play-by-play) and Ed McCaffrey (color commentary). Andy Lindahl will be reporting from the sidelines.
NFL Weather.com says it will be Mostly sunny, with a high near 83 during the game.
|COACHES VS. OPP.||Kubiak: 1-1||Fox: 0-2|
|LAST WEEK||W 27-7 at Jaguars||L 27-21 at Falcons|
|SPECIAL TEAMS (Rank)||30th||17th|
|PASSING||Schaub: 46/66,461 yds, 1,0, 94.3||Manning: 43/63, 494 yds, 3,3, 87.7|
|RUSHING||Foster: 54-189 yds, 3.5 avg,3 TDs||McGahee: 38-177 yds, 4.7 avg, 2 TDs|
|RECEIVING||A. Johnson: 11-140 yds, 1 TD||D. Thomas: 13-188 yds, 2 TDs|
The last meeting between these two teams came the day after Christmas in 2010. The Broncos won at Home. RB Correll Buckhalter had a 6-yard TD run and a 23-yard TD catch from QB Tim Tebow as Denver overcome a 13-point deficit in the 4th-quarter.
- The Texans are the only team to start the season 2-0 in each of the past 3 seasons.
- In his last 6 road games, QB Matt Schaub has 10 TDs vs. 1 INT and a 110.6 QB rating.
- Schaub needs one TD pass to reach 100 for his career.
- The last time the Texans and Broncos played, Schaub went 23/33 (69.7 pct.) for 310 yards with 1 TD, 1 INT for a 96.8 passer rating.
- Since 2010, Arian Foster leads the league with 138.2 scrimmage yards per game.
- Foster and backup Ben Tate are rushing for an average of 149.5 Yards per game.
- Foster had 91 rush yards with 1 TD in his only meeting vs. Denver.
- WR Andre Johnson averages an NFL-best 79 receiving yards per game (9,796 yards in 124 games).
- Houston’s Defense allows NFL-low in pts. per game (8.5), yds. per game (196) & pass yards per game (124).
- DE J.J. WATT has 1.5 sacks in each of past 2 games.
- DE ANTONIO SMITH has 30.5 career sacks.
- Denver is 2-0 at home vs. Texans.
- QB Peyton Manning has a 16-2 career record against the Texans and has completed 70.4% of his passes for 5,122 yards and 42 TDs (most vs. any opponent) vs. 8 INTs & 110.6 rating.
- RB Willis McGahee has posted 31 career 100-yard rushing games, including eight such performances during the last two seasons to tie for the most in the NFL in that span.
- Willis averages 80.9 rush yards per game in 17 games as a Bronco.
- He has rushed for 100+ yards in 2 of 3 career games vs. Hou. (117, 112)
- WR Demaryius Thomas tied a career-high with 8 catches last week and is going for a 3rd consecutive game with a TD catch.
- WR Brandon Stokley has 5 career TD catches vs. Houston.
- LB Von Miller has 14.5 sacks in 17 career games.
- CB Champ Bailey has 50 career INTs, 3rd-most among active players (ED REED, 59; CHARLES WOODSON, 55).