Ron Chenoy-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Some numbers to ponder for the Broncos-Raiders Week 4 matchup..
The (1-2) Denver Broncos play host to their archrivals, the (1-2) Oakland Raiders, on Sunday at 2:05 pm MT to begin their AFC West Divisional slate. The game will be telecast nationally by CBS and once again, we will suffer the bias of Jim Nantz (play-by-play) and Phil Simms (color commentary). Check the Broadcast Map for the game in your area. Dave Logan (play-by-play) and Ed McCaffrey (color commentary) will call the game over the Radio airwaves on KOA Radio (850 AM), with Andy Lindahl reporting from the sidelines. SIRIUS: 139 (Oak.), 85 (Den.). XM: 230 (Den.).
The Weather forecast says there is a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. West wind 7 to 11 mph becoming north in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 17 mph.
The wise guys in Las Vegas give the edge to the Broncos by 7 points.
These two teams have met 103 times previously during the regular season in a rivalry that has lasted 52 years. The first game was on October 2, 1960 at Bears Stadium in Denver. Legendary Broncos Receiver Lionel Taylor caught a pair of touchdown passes from Quarterback Gene Mingo and Bill Yelverton turned a Tom Flores pass into a pick six as the Broncos rolled to a 31-14 victory. Denver won the last meeting in Oakland 38-24, but the Raiders have come in to Mile High and handed out a whoopin in the last 4 games.
Raiders rookie head coach Dennis Allen got his first career win last week with a 34-31 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Broncos head coach John Fox has a 2-2 record against the Silver and Black.
- QB Carson Palmer is 2-0 on the road as a starter vs. the AFC West with 99.5 passer rating.
- Palmer posted 3 TD passes last week, He is 17-4 (.810) when that happens.
- RB Darren McFadden has 637 rush yards vs. Broncos, the most against any opponent.
- He is going for his 4th consecutive game with 100+ rush yards vs. Den. (165, 119, 150).
- McFadden recorded his 10th career game with over 100 rushing last week against the Steelers.
- The Raiders are 8-2 when McFadden gets 100 yards,
- WR Denarius Moore posted his 1st TD catch of season on a 6-yard TD pass in 4th quarter last week.
- Moore averages 17.8 yards per catch (41 rec., 730 rec. yards) for his career.
- TE Brandon Myers has a career-best 206 receiving yards in 2012.
- DT Richard Seymour has 5 career sacks vs. Broncos.
- DE Matt Shaughnessy has 2.5 sacks in the past 2 games vs. Denver
- K Sebastian Janikowski had a 43-yard game-winning FG last week.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Get your MHR T-shirt here
Get your MHR Coffee Mug
Like Me on FaceBook!