The Hall of Fame Selection Committee has announced the 17 finalists for the 2013 class to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Denver Broncos legend Terrell Davis is not one of them. Neither are Steve Atwater or Karl Mecklenburg. Or John Lynch.
The 15 modern finalists and 2 Senior recommendations are:
- G Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers
- RB Jerome Bettis - Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers
- WR Tim Brown - Oakland Raiders, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- WR Cris Carter - Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins
- LB/DE Kevin Greene - L.A. Rams, Steelers, Carolina Panthers, 49ers
- DE/LB Charles Haley - San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys
- T Jonathan Ogden - Baltimore Ravens
- DT Curley Culp - Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Oilers, Detroit Lions
- Edward J. DeBartolo Jr - San Francisco 49ers
- Art Modell - Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens
- Bill Parcells - NY Giants, Jets, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys
- WR Andre Reed - Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins
- LB Dave Robinson - Green Bay Packers, Washington Redskins
- DT Warren Sapp - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Oakland Raiders
- G Will Shields - Kansas City Chiefs
- DE Michael Strahan - NY Giants
- CB/S Aeneas Williams - Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams
So I guess the biased committee thinks it's acceptable to let dope fiends (Carter), Swindlers (DeBartolo), under achievers (Sapp) and nobodies (Robinson and Williams) into their exclusive club. What a farce. If these guys can make a final list of the (allegedly) elite, then I question the qualifications of the Committee members.
I guess that's why it's in Ohio.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Get your MHR T-shirt here
Like Me on FaceBook!