Year Two under Peyton Manning begins Thursday, July 25, 2013, at 8:50 a.m..
That's the start of the Denver Broncos' 2013 training camp.
The Denver Broncos enter the 2013 season with the highest of expectations. The realization of those expectations truly begins at training camp, where thousands of fans and over a hundred players, coaches and staff merge on the practice fields at Dove Valley. It represents Day One of a seven-month mission: to win Super Bowl XLVIII in New York.
To get you ready for camp, Mile High Report will be bringing you previews and breakdowns at every position. Each position will get a day devoted to it, with at least three posts pertaining to it. For each position, you can expect:
- A training camp preview. A look at the players at the position, their respective NFL and/or college careers, and expectations heading into camp.
- 2012 vs. 2013: Did we improve? We compare the group from 2012 to the group in 2013 and ask the simple question: Did the Broncos improve?
- One player in-depth. We'll take one interesting player of the group and go in-depth. For me personally, an "interesting" player is someone with different expectations in 2013, but that's open to interpretation for who's writing it, too.
You can expect these breakdowns beginning Friday, July 5th, and continuing until the Tuesday before camp! Refer to the schedule below - we'll be going back and filling these in with the preview pieces as they're launched. Dates are subject to change.
Training Camp Positional Preview Schedule
- Fri July 5th - Tight End
- Sat July 6th - Inside Linebacker
- Mon July 8th - Offensive Tackle
- Tue July 9th - Cornerback
- Wed July 10th - Centers and Guard
- Thu July 11th - Outside Linebacker
- Sat July 13th - Special Teams
- Mon July 15th - Wide Receiver
- Tue July 16th - Safety
- Wed July 17th - Running Back
- Thu July 18th - Defensive Tackle
- Sat July 20th - Coaches
- Mon July 22nd - Defensive End
- Tue July 23rd - Quarterback
- Wed July 24th - Wrap-up, 53-Man Roster Prediction*
- Thu July 25th - First day of camp
*We'll be revisiting our 53-man roster prediction every week of camp based on who we see standing out, but this will be our baseline.
Finally, I want to note that I will again make the pilgrimage from northern Arizona to Denver to attend camp, as I've done five of the past six years. MHR will have you covered for Broncos training camp.
If you have any other suggestions or anything you'd like to see as we approach camp, let us know in the comments! We hope you enjoy this series of posts, Broncos fans.